What is a book that no one has heard of but changed your life?

What is a book that no one has heard of but changed your life?

14 Answers

If Tooth be Told, A-new memoir by Komal Om

😉 

Fragrant Palm Leaves by Thich Nhat Hanh - If there is one book you can read to learn more about Thich Nhat Hanh, this is the one. It captures his thoughts when he is in his thirties. He is fighting so many forces at the same time. The traditional Buddhists in Vietnam don't appreciate his philosophies and isolate him and a few fellow monks. The war in Vietnam is taking a toll and he is struggling to support the small villagers. He goes to the US to study and teach in a university and used this opportunity to highlight the plight of the Vietnamese citizens. He also discusses how he had a moment of enlightenment in a public library in the US where all the years of his studying scriptures suddenly came to life. He discusses how difficult it was to live in the world after that and the effort he spent dragging himself back into the world. We look today at Plum Village monastery and look at the verdant settings but this book teaches you about the blood and sweat spent by Thay to mold himself and create this magical pace in the future.

On the other hand, the book everyone has heard of and changed everyone's life - Facebook!

I am not sure you have heard of this book -  "Karma: Why Everything You Know About It Is Wrong" by Acharya Prashant. Also I feel there is outpouring wisdom when I  listen/read his videos/courses/books/commentaries on vedanta.

Path of fire and light - vol 2 by Swami Rama. After looking at a lot of his videos and blogs, I can confidently say Swami Rama has been a huge influence on Om Swami too. His other books are a treasure trove for spiritual seekers. 

It’s the book that’s waiting to be written. 

Getting up every day in the morning, and knowing we have the ability to shape a page of our lives, and write our own book in the years to come, is life altering. 

Endurance : Shakleton's Incredible Voyage, written by Alfred Lansing.

Free to play by Peter gray
Most of John Holt

Conversations with God Book series by Neale Donald Walsch

The Gentle Way - By Tom T Moore

All books of Neville Goddard!

"ATOMIC HABITS" by James Clear

Anyone who is struggling with or wants to learn about or develop habits must give it a read. The mentioned book has changed my thinking pattern. 

365 Gems for Holistic Living by Alan Cohen; bought it at a book fair when I was still in school. It's probably out of print now. Used to be my Bible back then, filled with the immense power of gratitude and kindness. I still go back to it at times, just to trace the paragraphs I highlighted, marked and underlined as a teenager. It's a kind of therapy in itself, revisiting our old selves.

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.

Please read if you haven't already.

Related Posts

4y ago

Gayatri Sadhana

A lot can happen with daily practice of the gayatri mantra invocation.

3y ago

The Right to Die

Is a graceful voluntary exit better than dragging on with an unbearable life?

6y ago

The Ancient Science of Mantras

Do Mantras work in this day and age? Can the energy of a mantra help you realize your goal?

3y ago

The Book of Kindness

How to Make Others Happy and Be Happy Yourself

7y ago

Kundalini — An Untold Story

The origin of kundalini goes back to the most ancient Puranic lore beginning with Shiva and his consort...

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All