How not to let anger affect your decision-making, and relationships?

How not to let anger affect your decision-making, and relationships?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

https://os.me/community/spiritual-journey/when-i-am-angry-i-have-verbally-abused-a-lot-of-my-family/

Someone has asked a similar question previously. If you please, you may check out the thread. 😇

Please take care Tarun ji. Jai Shri Hari!  🌹

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment
  1. First thing is to acknowledge that you are angry. Just know that anger is a natural emotion and a state of mind which is not permanent and can be altered
  2. Never, Never make any decisions in that moment and  state of mind. See that if it is a recurring pattern,get to the root cause of it.  It is always the subtle mental impressions and meanings we make due to past experiences and our attachments to the objective things.
  3. Last and the most important is to take creative forward looking Actions. Decisions are nothing but actions in future .Take High Quality action to create high value for the world. It enables you to manifest  powerful and blissful self, that is your True Self. Actions is the master key.
  4. Practice, Practice, Practice. This is doctrine of Karma Yoga. You may want to read this related blog on  Karma yoga
Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Every time I looked back at decisions I made while angry, I always regretted them. After years and years of doing the same, I came to a point where I just realized I have to stop reacting while angry. Swami Ji suggested a method where you decide to respond to the topic/event/person after 3 days and that method is something that works for me. I have been able to remind myself of that method during moments of anger. 

Try a few methods and see what works for you. If you consciously work towards it, you will slowly get better at handling it. 

One more thing - its been immensely helpful to internalize that anger is a form of energy just like most things. Its all about channelizing our energy. In moments of anger, we just have to channelize that energy somewhere else. Grasping this understanding can be very helpful in developing the method that will work for you. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Anger means something is disturbing you emotionally, some hurt, trauma, inability to accept someone, anything. It's just a natural emotion that everyone has. Firstly, never suppress it, otherwise it will become a volcano and then one day - boom. Secondly, express it. Close the room and express it on wall, say whatsoever or fight in air or with pillow. This will do to things, on one side, when your anger gets expressed in this way, it won't get expressed on someone else. You will feel lighter. Secondly, when you experience expressing anger consciously with awareness, the amount of anger will slowly decrease and you will grow out of it. You will be able to let go more easily. Try this for a few days and see the results yourself. Hope this helps 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Best thing is to stay silent. But talk to that person after sometime. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *