How to deal with anxiety? Positive self affirmation does not seem to be working.

[Solved]

How to deal with anxiety? Positive self affirmation does not seem to be working.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Hi Pulkit,

I used to be very predisposed to anxiety.  I was a worrier, and I always tended to focus on negative thoughts and circumstances.  Of course, much of what I worried about never came to pass, but it was just so ingrained in me to worry.  For me, the answer was to delve into my past and see what events in my childhood had wired me in that way.  To guide me on that journey, I used the help of a psychologist, and that proved very beneficial for my overall mental health.  I have successfully rewired my brain through this activity.  Now, the neural pathways that used to be my default, are no longer the only response I have available in any given situation.  

As far as the normal anxiety of everyday life, I always try to keep in mind what Swamiji has mentioned.  Paraphrasing he has said that 99.9% of the things we worry about never come to pass.  It's hard to put into action, but I think part of the answer is that surrender to the universe.  The sentiment for me is something like: "OK universe, I know what I think I should do, so I will proceed as I see fit with my goal in mind, and you please take care of the rest".

Seeing obstacles as blessings has been a real challenge for me, especially as the same ones seem to keep popping up - but working with patience and persistence I am starting to see that there is a real seed of truth in this line of thinking.  

Last but not lease, SMILE 😊 

Hope you are feeling better

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Hi Pulkit,

I don't know the details in your case but Self-reflection on one's day and seeing what triggers the anxiety is very helpful.

Once that's done, getting to the root of the anxiety can help us be mindful and thereafter eliminating it. 

Please to comment.

This is one of the article from Swamiji that might give you some guidance.

https://os.me/the-source-of-fear/

Please to comment.

I have been there at times Pulkit ji. 

Here is what I would remember to pull me out.
a) Swami ji has promised to be with us and will protect us when needed. Visualize his smiling face and his protection.

b) Thy Will Shall be Done, whatever Divine Mother has planned for us to grow, that will happen, so just be at ease.  

c) 99% of what we fear never happens.

Having said that, keep doing your work/purusharth, and taking steps so that to reduce the anxiety.
Hope you are able to pull out of it quickly.

Please to comment.

Dear Pulkit Ji,

Have you tried the Black Lotus meditation app? It's been super helpful to me in managing stress and anxiety. 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Many worte beautiful answers.. but its my experience.. Devotion help to handle in a great way.. you have to do what you can leave everything else to divine..

When this feeling comes remember ur favourite form nd just surrender.. if divine is with u what else left to worry.

Please to comment.

Dear Pulkit,

One way to overcome anxiety is to learn to accept that not every intrusive thought is signaling a legitimate reason to worry. Simply put, not every thought is true. So it's often unhelpful to try to disprove the beliefs.

Try an acceptance-based approach instead, which includes:

Identifying the thought.
    Labeling it ("worry" or "judgment," for example).
    Being aware of the moment when the thought comes up.
    Being aware of the moment when the thought begins to recede from awareness.

An acceptance-based approach means that you observe the thought you're having without the urgency you might normally feel to address it, fix it, argue with it, or believe it. You are letting it come and go without focusing on it.

Please to comment.

Dear Pulkit, 

For a moment lets assume that your worries have come true, what next then? What options do you have? Explore them, Have a backup plan ready if such a scene occurs. And as Ravi Bhai said " Have faith in om swami, all your worries will disappear!!!!

Please to comment.

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *