Jai Sri Hari What are the best way to deal with physical breakdown like

What are the best way to deal with physical breakdown like intense pain in body, loss of energy and extreme lethargic which is mainly caused because of emotional trauma such as breakup, divorce or even death of loved one.

Thank you

4 Answers

After contracting Covid in May last year, I had suffered from extreme tiredness/weakness for about 5 days. Thereafter, I suffered from some anxiety/depression and felt like crying. Things looked gloomy and there was a fear of losing loved ones.

I had been doing meditation for several years but due to this weakness, I couldn't do much during those days.

Now body weakness was in somewhat control, but this sadness, this fear, the feeling of worthlessness of all pursuits and life itself, were really taking a toll.

At that moment, I started meditating on the Lalita Sahasranama every evening. The method was simple – I would sit in my siddhasana, and listen to the Sahasranama being played. Tried listening to every word; didn't try reflecting on the meaning, just pure listening mostly.

Within few days, those emotions just vanished. I continued with this meditation for close to 9 months, with my first miss in the six months. Every evening I meditated without break for several initial months.

Until you're free, you're in the grip of Maya and ignorance – it's natural to fall prey to these weaknesses even for advance meditators. But, meditating on the divine cures us rapidly of these mental problems.

PS. IMO, I also got physical benefits of this meditation – I recovered from rest of the post-Covid symptoms faster than others, I felt.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Narayani, my love! First of all, I wish I was there with you as your 3am friend holding you in my love and unconditional support while you go through this tough phase🙁

Here are my simple suggestions:

1. Call your bestie and let her/him know that you are hurting and you need their support for the next few weeks. 

2. Keep a close eye on your nutrition and make sure to eat 80/20 (protein/carb) ratio three times a day with lots of water. 

3. Stick to an exercise routine strictly. It could be just 30-45mins of brisk walking 5 days/week. 

That’s all in my humble opinion! A friend who is there for you unconditionally, proper nutrition and some form of regular exercise and you won’t even know that you are going through a rough patch! 

Much love to you! Lemme know if you need that friend:))

Jai Shri Hari Narayani Ji,

By the way wonderful name, one from 1000 names of mother divine,

Sorry I can't give you any advice for this because Anu has already given a very beautiful answer But I pray to Maa Devi and Shri Hari that they bless you.

सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके ।
शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥

ॐ जयन्ती मंगला काली भद्रकाली कपालिनी।
दुर्गा क्षमा शिवा धात्री स्वाहा स्वधा नमोऽस्तुते।।

या देवी सर्वभूतेषु शक्तिरूपेण संस्थिता,
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः।।

या देवी सर्वभूतेषु मातृरूपेण संस्थिता,

या देवी सर्वभूतेषु दयारूपेण संस्थिता,

May Mother Divine Bless You In This Tough Phase...

Jai Shri Hari...

Sorry to hear Narayani Ji, it's not easy to go through such challenges and very courageous of you to be vulnerable and put forth what you are going through. 

Apart from the power of prayer that has already been mentioned, changing your environment dramatically can make a huge positive impact. For example going in nature for long walks, making a short trip to a nearby city/town/village can also infuse you with energy. 

Also making sure eating is good. Healthy food that is sattvic is great. Eating too much rajasic and tamasic food including frozen foods, food kept in fridge can also sap your energy plus laziness. You can also add supplements if possible - do make sure to do proper research on the brands. 

Wishing you best and I am sure you will feel better very very soon!

Related Posts

2y ago

The Divorce Dilemma

Once getting divorced was my biggest fear...

2y ago

Who is the Boss?

Warning: This post might hurt your cheeks

2y ago

A Heart That Only Knows to Give out Love (Part 2)

Is such a heart happy and healthy? Seeking answers. (Part 2)

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All