What are your favourite habits that effected your life positively?

Let's learn from each other 😛

Here are my favourite habits that I rarely skip:

1. My Pooja and chanting

2. Gym

3. Trying to Pickup the kindest words to convey my thoughts (this is a wip though)

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Mindfulness = Taking a pause before reacting. Thinking - Should I be doing this now? Should I be saying this now. 

[Swami ji once said to me - Ravi if you are mindful your journey would be thousand times faster. That somehow triggered a change, and it indeed has made a huge difference]

Truthful to the best of ability. Feels better.

Chanting a mantra of Guru 🙂

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment
  1. Staring at the sky, just staring. It has helped me in getting tuned with existence in amazing way.
  2. Just before getting to sleep, I just for once remember all the Siddhas and thank them.
  3. Sometime ago, I got to a peak in meditation and I just grew up, it was like a mini rebirth. I got a new perspective. Anything happens, I say, "Will see through this, gracefully, gratefully, blissfully, with a smile." It's not just words, it's literally a feeling. And many things happened but it all was easy peasy to handle. (Someone else says this, I don't even exist but sometimes I do and that's the whole problem - "I" 😛). 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

1. Expressing gratitude before every meal

2. Expressing gratitude every time something good happens

3. Expressing gratitude for being given the opportunity to worship my Isht

4. Expressing gratitude for being given this life

It all started with expressing gratitude before every meal. Now, it's become a regular part of my life. And nothing lightens my heart like expressing my gratitude. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

1. Putting my phone away and spending time with myself

2. Contemplating on my actions and reactions and finding the root issue😅

3. Giving others the freedom to be how they want to be

Not sure if these are habits, but all the real stuff like exercising properly, etc I haven't mastered yet😅

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

1. I started calling almost every one 'AAP' from tum or tu from somewhere around Feb/ March. This led to polarized reactions from everyone. Whenever I called my friends with reverence (aap), my call was returned with equally opposite set of dirty words. But my mother and grandmother embraced it. So I upped it a level by adding a 'DEAR' almost every time we spoke. 

The AAPs and DEARs sounded ROBOTIC in the beginning, but now I have gelled it with my style 💪

2.  Spending some time with my grandmother regularly, either with a discourse of SwamiJi or irritating her just like that. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

(Someone else says this, I don't even exist but sometimes I do and that's the whole problem - "I" 😛).

There is no such thing as a "problem". 😀

Just a little meta joke for ya.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Regular use of One Note for Creativity. It increases creative output by at least 5 times in the long term if used habitually and properly for clipping ideas and resources, brainstorming, and organization. 

It makes thinking a lot more fun as well.

There is a good course by the name of Build A Second Brain by Tiago Forte for it. Book is avail. by the same name as well. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Praying 

Meditating/Chanting

Spreading kindness

Yoga on the mat

Proper diet.

Not in any specific order. 🤗

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Positive self-talk. I used to be pretty harsh on myself - now, I am more kind. I talk to my mind, and I have made it a trusted friend so that it know that it can speak the straight sh*t to this guy without being judged, criticized or condemned.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Supriya - thanks for asking this question.

I would say it has been focus. As someone who was easily distracted previously, being able to take an idea, and focus on it consistently at work, not only allowed me to work better but also allowed me to simplify my life in other aspects.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Meditating in the mornings

Praying to Guru and chanting

Journaling - personally most surprised by the immense benefits

Significantly limiting social media by replacing with reading books, positive blogs.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

My favorite habit is listening to Bhajans and satsangs everyday in the morning for some minutes.. it gives me immense peace .. I wish for good things to happen in the world.. that is my habit , wishing well for others that gives me joy and purifies my heart ❤️

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Exercising regularly

Once I started exercising regularly all other aspects of my life changed in a positive direction

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

1. Reading and commenting on OS.ME.

2. Speaking to grocery shop owners and greeting them. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *