What is your lesson of the day?

This thread was inspired by Ravi and Anu. I thought, we could start this little thing where:

We reflect back over the past 24 hours, before going to bed, and share one learning from our day here.

It can be a lesson,  a realisation, a discovery or a random contemplative thought, of your own. It's all about us here:)

I'll go first and share as a reply. I'll try to update it everyday. I think it could help us all grow quite a bit spiritually.

Please share yours too. It can be anything:)

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Here's mine:

Forgiveness shouldn't just be a virtue, it should be a religion! 

We are all a lil' broken within and we all make mistakes, we should practice forgiveness all day everyday towards ourselves and each other!

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I will share my biggest life lesson 😛

As Humans, we always need something to hold on to. I realised it when I did not follow any faith and had rather put Hinduism under "review" I read our books and Upanishads and understood what it was all about before starting to follow it again.

But for the time that I was a religion-less person, I had nothing to hold on to when I felt sad. I had become lonely. And then I started finding that support in other people, which is never healthy. Emotionally depending on another human is a very unhealthy choice that I learned shortly afterwards.

And it's been bliss since then, as I believed in him because I wanted to and not because I was born in this faith. If you are in a relationship with the divine, your honeymoon period never ends. You don't feel the need of depending on anyone because the love you get from him is enough. Sometimes human tendencies creep in but it leaves just as quickly.

And I feel that everyone has access to this love in abundance. He can be melted with nothing else but love. And he is the only one who can love you that way with absolutely no conditions . And once you feel it, you'll never probably feel alone ever again. Not for long durations of time anyway!. Gradually, you learn to love like him and there is nothing more heavenly that loving people without conditions.

Thank you.for this amazing question komal, love you ❤️

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

My Realisation of 26th May 2022:

"The real wisdom lies in knowing when to act and when to let things unfold. Usually if life presents something to us and it touches our heart, then acting is beneficial."

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

One reflection for the day - I love you Swami ji 😀 

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Enjoy what you have today, you might not have it tomorrow 🙂

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Don't start dancing in public places, no matter how good the song. It's embarrassing for your family members🤣

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I realised how intensely my mind is conditioned to Sunk Cost Fallacy! 

Im reflecting on solution that is: Let Go. It's okay. 

Everything is how it should be right now 😌

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Reflection for 29-May

We have been cause of so much pain to Swami ji, I feel. 
This shabad expresses the state - 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPvHr8iVa14

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
सोरठि महला ५ ॥
Soraṯẖ mėhlā 5.
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

ਹਮ ਮੈਲੇ ਤੁਮ ਊਜਲ ਕਰਤੇ ਹਮ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਤੂ ਦਾਤਾ ॥
हम मैले तुम ऊजल करते हम निरगुन तू दाता ॥
Ham maile ṯum ūjal karṯe ham nirgun ṯū ḏāṯā.
We are filthy, and You are immaculate, O Creator Lord; we are worthless, and You are the Great Giver.

ਹਮ ਮੂਰਖ ਤੁਮ ਚਤੁਰ ਸਿਆਣੇ ਤੂ ਸਰਬ ਕਲਾ ਕਾ ਗਿਆਤਾ ॥੧॥
हम मूरख तुम चतुर सिआणे तू सरब कला का गिआता ॥१॥
Ham mūrakẖ ṯum cẖaṯur si▫āṇe ṯū sarab kalā kā gi▫āṯā. ||1||
We are fools, and You are wise and all-knowing. You are the knower of all things. ||1||

ਮਾਧੋ ਹਮ ਐਸੇ ਤੂ ਐਸਾ ॥
माधो हम ऐसे तू ऐसा ॥
Māḏẖo ham aise ṯū aisā.
O Lord, this is what we are, and this is what You are.

ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਤੁਮ ਪਾਪ ਖੰਡਨ ਨੀਕੋ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਦੇਸਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
हम पापी तुम पाप खंडन नीको ठाकुर देसा ॥ रहाउ ॥
Ham pāpī ṯum pāp kẖandan nīko ṯẖākur ḏesā. Rahā▫o.
We are sinners, and You are the Destroyer of sins. Your abode is so beautiful, O Lord and Master. ||Pause||

ਤੁਮ ਸਭ ਸਾਜੇ ਸਾਜਿ ਨਿਵਾਜੇ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨਾ ॥
तुम सभ साजे साजि निवाजे जीउ पिंडु दे प्राना ॥
Ŧum sabẖ sāje sāj nivāje jī▫o pind ḏe parānā.
You fashion all, and having fashioned them, You bless them. You bestow upon them soul, body and the breath of life.

ਨਿਰਗੁਨੀਆਰੇ ਗੁਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ਤੁਮ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ॥੨॥
निरगुनीआरे गुनु नही कोई तुम दानु देहु मिहरवाना ॥२॥
Nirgunī▫āre gun nahī ko▫ī ṯum ḏān ḏeh miharvānā. ||2||
We are worthless - we have no virtue at all; please, bless us with Your gift, O Merciful Lord and Master. ||2||

ਤੁਮ ਕਰਹੁ ਭਲਾ ਹਮ ਭਲੋ ਨ ਜਾਨਹ ਤੁਮ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਦਇਆਲਾ ॥
तुम करहु भला हम भलो न जानह तुम सदा सदा दइआला ॥
Ŧum karahu bẖalā ham bẖalo na jānah ṯum saḏā saḏā ḏa▫i▫ālā.
You do good for us, but we do not see it as good; You are kind and compassionate, forever and ever.

ਤੁਮ ਸੁਖਦਾਈ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ਤੁਮ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਬਾਲਾ ॥੩॥
तुम सुखदाई पुरख बिधाते तुम राखहु अपुने बाला ॥३॥
Ŧum sukẖ▫ḏā▫ī purakẖ biḏẖāṯe ṯum rākẖo apune bālā. ||3||
You are the Giver of peace, the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny; please, save us, Your children! ||3||

ਤੁਮ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਅਟਲ ਸੁਲਿਤਾਨ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਜਾਚੈ ॥
तुम निधान अटल सुलितान जीअ जंत सभि जाचै ॥
Ŧum niḏẖān atal suliṯān jī▫a janṯ sabẖ jācẖai.
You are the treasure, eternal Lord King; all beings and creatures beg of You.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਮ ਇਹੈ ਹਵਾਲਾ ਰਾਖੁ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਪਾਛੈ ॥੪॥੬॥੧੭॥
कहु नानक हम इहै हवाला राखु संतन कै पाछै ॥४॥६॥१७॥
Kaho Nānak ham ihai havālā rākẖ sanṯan kai pācẖẖai. ||4||6||17||
Says Nanak, such is our condition; please, Lord, keep us on the Path of the Saints. ||4||6||17||

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

29.05.22:

Empty vessels make much noise. Sometimes silence is the best language and when we speak less, we are less likely to hurt others and be hurt too:)

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

1-Jun-2022

Dont forget the call which Swami ji has given for our Dharma, even for a minute.
Got inspired by some fellow devotees, and more paths are emerging to take action & do something.

Mother Divine is kind!

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

There is no love bigger and more fulfilling than the divine Love. His love is greater than all. There is no going back after experiencing it once. You realise that every other relationship we create in this world is transactional, even if someone is deeply in love with their partner, the relationship survives because they need each other to fulfill their emotional, physical and other needs. If one stops doing it the other will grow out of it in no time. Every relationship we create in material world is as temporary as this world except that of  Guru and disciple. Most relationships are just an arrangement of co-dependency (not in a bad way) and understanding this gives rise to detachment.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

This morning I didn't spend time watching youtube videos on stock market which I have been doing regularly past few months. I realized how peaceful and joyful I felt. I didn't try to watch something on my phone during my breakfast and walk, just tried to breathe and be in gratitude. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Never trust a family member when it comes to grammar and vocabulary.

SAI KHOLO JEE

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Reflection for 28-May

Believe in yourself. Stay confident.

Don't stress too much about serving your Guru's cause. It will happen automatically.  Intent has been created. It will happen with his grace.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *