Are you always willing to help, if someone reaches out to you?

It sounds like a simple question, but I reflected deeply on this question today.

Personally I realised that in several cases, I do hesitate a bit before helping out. I admire those who are totally fearless and help without thinking at all.

Which type are you? And if you are always willing to help someone out, please share some tips about your mindset, so that we can become as awesome as you:)

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Yes! I love and always jump to help if someone reaches out. I think somewhere I have a deep belief that it's such a privilege to help someone, in whatever way you can, AND it gives me a deep sense of satisfaction. Perhaps it inflates my ego too LOL 🙂 ? 

Love you Komal!🥰

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I believe that we cannot help someone unless the divine wishes so 😉

So if he wants me to help the person, nothing can stop me otherwise nothing can make me. Probelm solved without overthinking much 😛

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Yo! I made it to the airport and at the gate now. Also, I just had coffee…it’s 7.23pm, now what?! 

That’s all. 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I help those who are ready to help themselves. I help those in such a way that after helping them, i myself do not end up suffering. So, i do help but i am not 'obsessed' with helping.  

If i help someone, i do not go and flash about it on various forums. I help and forget. If i had not helped the same person, someone else would have. 

If i can't help someone, i do not feel guilty because i am only a means. The real helper/doer is Sri Hari. If i can't help, someone else will. 

Regards

Mihir 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I would if I can. But "if I can" is where the whole problem is...isnt it? 

That would be based on my personality / perspectives and the mind junk!! 😀 

If there was no "mind junk" then i reckon such a question would not make sense probably and personality and perspective would be moot as well.  Whatever one would decide at that point would be helping.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Sometimes I just go ahead. Else I have not volunteered. But after I started using black lotus app I look for opportunity where I can make some difference in someone's life. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

If it involves saving a life, I jump right in (you can count me in for emergencies). No time to lose. If it involves helping with money, I give the money and forget about it. It doesn't have to be a human being. I help animals as well.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Are you always willing to help, if someone reaches out to you? 

Difficult Question Komal, What I have found / experienced ... is definitely, I have the intention to help (which comes from within).

I do help when I am able to physically, mentally and financially also ... however, many times I'm unable to help because of lack of resources, situations circumstances and even by mental / physical condition and state of mind and I feel guilty quite often but then I try to tell myself, whatever I could, I have done and not to feel bad. Moreover, I or we can only give what we have ...

I ditto what Deepa mentioned, "But "if I can" is where the whole problem is...isn't it? That would be based on my personality / perspectives and the mind junk!! 😀."

Appreciate your underlying feeling / thought.

Peace,

Anup (Vishnu)

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *