Do you know yourself? If yes, how well?

About two years ago, I stumbled upon a comment on a forum. Someone asked:

"How can you know yourself?"

And it stayed with me, because sometimes we take things for granted. So I wanted to ask the beautiful os.me peeps about this.

Can you put your hand on your heart and say that you know yourself?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

The real me is the part that writes spiritual blogs on os.me and on Speaking Tree. I am getting to know this person better with every post. Its not a perfect me,  yet it is my best side. When I want to know my flaws, I ask my wife. I don't even have to ask, she tells me anyway.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I once used to think that it is impossible to know myself fully and that who I am is ultimately unknowable. Over time however, I came to realize one by one all the things that I am not. Then, slowly but surely over time I started to feel that I was indeed getting to know myself rather really well. However, the more I started to know myself, the more there was to know of myself. Now, I have once again come to the place where I think it is impossible to know myself fully and that who I am is ultimately unknowable 🤔 😀 . Story of my life in a nutshell. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Now that I deleted Insta, I have time to devote to knowing myself! Phew!!!
I shall report back! 😉

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

No Komal ji. I don't know myself. I know a few traits i exhibit in crisis. I know my strengths and shortcomings. And perhaps my understanding of this is based a little on what people say. In my journey of self-love, I've realised to genuinely love myself (not the skin care is self love way) i need to know my essence and I am so clueless when I turn inwards at times. 

Please help me with your method Komal ji. I find your answers practical. Thank you. 

Jai Sri Hari.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Not really!! But I keep trying to understand and acknowledge me, myself and I better with every passing day. Hoping to do it truthfully and completely with beloved swamiji's blessings one day 🙂

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I know myself as a person who is still evolving gradually in all areas. I can recognize my flaws and imperfections. But my mirror is in the hands of those dear ones who criticize me. And many times that is very valuable.I feel like a toddler who is learning to walk by falling and getting up again and again.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

No really, and I don't want to, to be honest. I see myself through his eyes and I want it to remain that way ❤️😉

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

intriguing question prabhu ji..

Whenever I try to label myself with any of my tendencies from that point onwards that tendency or to say property seems like a different aspect of myself which cannot be real me, as I can make it a object to my real me...🤔🤔🤔

I know one thing that I know nothing 🙄

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Only person on earth who knows about me is it's only me

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

only his....His....His    His

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The question is quite subjective but in my opinion the transition of thinking myself as perfect and unique, to acknowledging and accepting my shortcomings and flaws and working towards being more compassionate and developing a feeling of surrender towards the divine is how I would describe knowing myself in this life journey. 

Overall knowing yourself and  accepting yourself sounds two different concepts but i think they are part of the same coin because otherwise there will always be resistance in your mind against yourself if your don't accept the way you are even though you know who you are.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I have no idea and extremely curious to know . I don’t know how to do it as well.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

It is very confusing and the box that i feel i belong in is very alluring but does not feel right always! 😀

I think process of elimination is better approach in-midst of this confusion.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment
  1. If I see from a vast perspective, As I am a soul I don't know about myself. Because everything that I know, what I see, what I talk an all about Maya.  

But simple perspective se... I think I know many things about myself and definitely exploring more on daily basis...

Sach bolu to the more I try to know me and this world more I find it very difficult to understand....

At last I find the conclusion it's me, maa and swamiji... 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *