How to wake up early to focus on spiritual practices?

Jai Shri Hari!

1. How to prepare my mind and body for a deep sleep and wake up energetic the next day?

2. How to reduce the sleeping hours to focus more on spiritual practices?

3. How to wake up early without using an alarm when you have slept late due to some unavoidable circumstances (like had a heavy dinner or used digital gadgets at the late night)?

4. How to make it a consistent habit?

Thanks.

Har Har Mahadev!

Edit: As I am not a premium member, I am very sorry that I can't read your answers in the comments. So, please I request you to answer in the reply section. Thank you.

Can anyone give me the answers written in the comment section?

7 Answers

😊 I think they are good questions btw

1. Take yourself to a sweet place emotionally before going to sleep. Think of your Ishta with immense love. 

2. I think this is a mind question. Our body takes the amount of sleep it needs. But mind always tells stories about time we are sleeping. You want a well rested body to function, right!? 

3. Decide that you want to do it. Then just do it.

4. Just do it . One day at a time till it becomes a habit.

Throw away your phone, use lap top and alarm clock...all problems solved. Btw who initiated u as a Tantrik or is it a self kept nick name?

Thanks for your answer mam, Its a self kept nick name.

You can try keeping a dog. ( Only if you love dogs). 

1) sleep using Yog Nidra on Black lotus helps in deep sleep

So regarding your primary question "How to wake up early to focus on spiritual practices?"

I think we need to work on this one step at a time, i.e first focus on waking up early while keeping the spiritual practices light because unless and until waking up early doesn't become your second nature, lack of sleep will affect your early morning practices. So coming to your specific questions, the answers are drawn from my own experience and inspired from Swamiji's teachings

1. How to prepare my mind and body for a deep sleep and wake up energetic the next day?

Have a sleep routine, which basically means giving a cue to your mind that its time to sleep, if you have been sleeping late like 11 or beyond then you might have noticed there is certain pattern to it which is that all your activities right from having food at night, to spending time with your family or simply being glued to your mobile happen repeatitively almost at the same time everyday, so sleeping early means all other associated activities after evening either have to be done early or if they don't have any value they simply have to be dropped.

Now your evening cannot be organized in isolation you will also have to "pull up" the rest of your day aligning with your early waking hours, which means completing your work early/quickly so that you can end up with a more relaxed time frame for your evenings, this is not always possible due to external factors but if we are efficient its doable on a regular basis

To summarize I think to make waking up early a habit you need to change your daily routine to align with your new waking time and it will take some time to do it naturally. So you have to proceed one step at a time to achieve this.

2. How to reduce the sleeping hours to focus more on spiritual practices?

Exercise, meditate, eat food in the evening/night early, be mindful while eating so that you don't overeat, keep negativity at bay by practicing gratitude.

3. How to wake up early without using an alarm when you have slept late due to some unavoidable circumstances (like had a heavy dinner or used digital gadgets at the late night)?

By sheer will power, and also depends on the importance of the cause/task but this is not a scalable approach meaning you cannot keep doing it or if you did it would cost you your efficiency and health.

4. How to make it a consistent habit?

By practicing it over a long period of time.

I got this alarm clock from amazon 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09GPL7GYK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This and Mother Divines Grace helped me wake up. 

Related Posts

3y ago

The Secret of Great Communication

Here are three magic words that can take your communication skills to an entirely different level.

9y ago

How to Get Rid of Impure Thoughts

The mind is like a monkey, forever hopping from one place to another. It's not pure-impure or good-bad. It just is.

1 year ago

The Upside Down Tree

Bhagavad Gita verse 15.1 ~ A common understanding

11y ago

Life is Like…a Movie

Human life is like a movie. What sort of movie it turns out to be is in your hands. You can be the actor or the spectator, or both, perhaps.

1 year ago

One of the Many Mothers….

The inside story....only some drops

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All