what are the quotes that changed you for good?

what are the quotes that changed you for good ..(personally  )

34 Answers

Here are some great quotes, hope one of them clicks with you:

"Any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." – Homer, The Iliad

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." – Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird

"To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's." – Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment

"Human suffering anywhere concerns men and women everywhere." – Elie Wiesel, Night

Hope you like one of these. 🙂

Tat Tvam Ayi - It means You're That Mother! 

That quote is actually three names from the Lalita Sahasranamam (Names 425-426-427 and 907). It's a reference to the Divine Mother. Whenever I read or chant that, my eyes well up. And, I instantly feel the presence of Devi in me. It feels so magical that it almost reformed my life. Why? I don't know! 🙃 Perhaps, it reminds me of Devi's generous shower of Grace on me?! 🤔

We can all reach the pinnacle of spirituality without torturing our bodies in extreme conditions. - Sri Devi Om

Gaarvi, I have an original quote said to me by my friend that literally stopped me in my tracks and made me re-evaluate my attitude and as a consequence it completely changed my life for the better ..my friend said to me one day

" The difference between you and me is that there is so much shit in my life and yet I try so hard to look for the beauty in it, whereas there is so much beauty in your life, and yet you try so hard to look for the shit in it "

It's simple-

Your life is your own responsibility.

Hi! No quote has ever changed me for good but here is one by French philosopher Albert Camus that really kindled a spark inside me when I heard it for the first time on YouTube seven years ago:

In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.

In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.

In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.

I realized, through it all, that…

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

"OmSwami" - this is the quote that changed me forever.

Quotes are part of my life they help us when we act on them...

Recent one that stays with me...

realisation can happen any moment its how you live with that realisation is what matters - Dr.Anu

It changed my life for good when I heard (paraphrased):

'You are not your thoughts. You can change your thoughts and think about what you want, at will.'

This understanding can get you out of any situation and it still helps me after nearly a decade:)

The recent quote which inspired me

When you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start the war within yourself.........Cheryl Richardson

These three quotes have transformed in ways unimaginable:

“All differences in this world are of degree, and not of a kind because oneness is the secret of everything.” - Swami Vivekananda

(He said never think that person is a cheat and I am not or that person is greedy or I am not, because that person is just doing it in more degree, it is somewhere within you too in a less degree) - So, This quote changed the way I form opinions about others. I realized all the faults I see outside is a part of me also.

“A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.”- Rumi. This quote changed the way I used to take the spiritual journey. This journey started for me somewhere in 2013, but initially, it was more of a hobby for me, I was curious to find the truth at best and never thought this could end up being my sole purpose in life. But this quote made me realize that half-hearted attempts can just make me intellectual but to experience the truth, I need to make it my only purpose in life.

" You always draw your energy from whoever is the center of your life"- My master, My Lord, Om Swamiji 

This secret told by Swamiji was the blessing showered by Swamiji upon us. He became the anchor of my life and he alone is the one I draw my energy to walk this sacred journey. All glories to him alone 🙏🙏🙏

Discover your own Truth  !!

I have sent you nothing but Angels  !!!

Not sure who wrote these lines and if they even come under the definition of ‘quotes’ .  But these lines work for me whenever 
-I am in trouble 
-I wish to express gratitude 
-to give myself some  confidence . 
-I want to push myself a little harder 
-I have sleepless life . 
All in all , my boat in all highs and lows . 

No , I have not written them anywhere as reminders . This is purely how mind functions for me . This is purely based on my experience with life so far .  

( when trouble/work/job  is in progress ) 
- Do your best , leave on me(Divine)the rest . 

(On the days when I am at my lowest)

-When you pray God listens 
 When you listen God talks 
 When you believe God works .

( To kick start )
When you turn your worry into worship , 
God turns your battles into blessings . 

(On countless sleepless nights . When I assure myself on his behalf , the stage of Total surrender for me ) 
- Don’t worry! God is never blind to your tears ,never deaf to your prayers and never silent to your pain . He hears and he delivers . —-In Time. 

And the last one, I can vouch on this, 
( when I wish to express my gratitude . When I can’t thank the Devine enough.) 
-The secret is definitely you ( The Divine) , because I know for a fact - I couldn’t do it on my own. 

None.

I don't think quotes can change our lives, at the best they are good to hear. Our unconsciousness is such deep that ever we read hundreds of quotes, 5 minutes later we'll be back to the same old ways of being.

We should rely on regular meditation to get positive change in our lives.

Page 1 / 3
Related Posts

3y ago

The Secret of Great Communication

Here are three magic words that can take your communication skills to an entirely different level.

9y ago

How to Get Rid of Impure Thoughts

The mind is like a monkey, forever hopping from one place to another. It's not pure-impure or good-bad. It just is.

1 year ago

The Upside Down Tree

Bhagavad Gita verse 15.1 ~ A common understanding

11y ago

Life is Like…a Movie

Human life is like a movie. What sort of movie it turns out to be is in your hands. You can be the actor or the spectator, or both, perhaps.

1 year ago

One of the Many Mothers….

The inside story....only some drops

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All