What is the best time of day to meditate?

It is a common belief that morning is the best time to meditate.

Morning is the time of day that you are most likely to have the energy to sit down and do it. It is also easier to find a quiet space in your home during this time of day. The first hour of your day is usually spent getting ready for work, so if you can sneak in meditation before heading out the door, you'll be more likely to stick with it.

However, there are other benefits to practicing in the evening as well. Evening is often a time when people are winding down from a busy day, and it's easier for them to relax and let go of thoughts about their work or other responsibilities. By meditating before bedtime, you can ensure that your mind will be clear when you drift off into sleep. How has it worked for you? Do you find meditation in the morning more effective or evening time? Looking for insights.

6 Answers

The best time of day to meditate is whenever you can.

There are no rules about when to meditate — it's something that you do for yourself and it's not about the time or place.

However, there are some benefits that come from meditating at certain times of day. Here are some of the benefits:

Morning: If you want to get into a routine, it's easier if you start in the morning because this will set yourself up for success and help you build momentum throughout your day.

Night: If you want to wind down before bed, meditation is a great way to relax and let go of any stress or concerns that might be keeping you up at night.

Afternoon: If you have an afternoon slump, meditation can help keep your energy levels high so that they don't dip too low by evening time.

You can do it anytime. Its always a great experience. I keep mornings for other activities like chanting. Noon, just before lunch, a deep meditation. And in evening, chant and meditation combined. 

I think morning will be more good .. In Brahma muhurta  as everything will be silent you can focus more.

The best time of day to meditate is when you have time to focus on your practice. For ex: If you have a busy evening, there may be other options than meditating at night. May be morning or afternoon would work better.

Meditation can be done at any time of day, but some times are better than others. For example, if you're tired from a long day at work and want to sleep when you get home, then it's probably not a good idea to begin with meditation. The same goes for mornings when you're rushing around getting ready for work and trying to get the kids ready for school or preschool. On the other hand, if you've had a relaxing evening at home and aren't too tired, then it might make sense to meditate as soon as you wake up — before going about your day's activities.

Please go through this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19VIwaEsPw by Om Swamiji (Time and Place for Meditation).

My words will fall short explaining on this topic. Please go through it fully! You will get details about importance of time, place and importance of doing meditation on same time.

Now coming to what has worked for me (keeping Swamiji words in mind):

- Morning i feel better compared to evening since i am not exhausted and starting fresh. One need still body for still mind and still mind can only allow me to meditate. I feel morning is best for it. One thing which has helped me a lot to have fresh mind in morning and not worry for the coming office things is "never touch my mobile before meditation :D".

- I try my best to maintain same time for my meditation i.e. in morning and in evening (at same time). I have picked the time which works most of the time considering my personal and office commitments. Even if i am not able to sit for long on a particular day i sit for 5 mins on same time.

Hope it help!

- Jaisi Hari Iccha!

Early morning: The early morning hours are often referred to as "the best time to meditate." This is because your body has been asleep for several hours, which means it's easier for you to relax and focus on your breathing during meditation.

Related Posts

3y ago

The Secret of Great Communication

Here are three magic words that can take your communication skills to an entirely different level.

9y ago

How to Get Rid of Impure Thoughts

The mind is like a monkey, forever hopping from one place to another. It's not pure-impure or good-bad. It just is.

1 year ago

The Upside Down Tree

Bhagavad Gita verse 15.1 ~ A common understanding

11y ago

Life is Like…a Movie

Human life is like a movie. What sort of movie it turns out to be is in your hands. You can be the actor or the spectator, or both, perhaps.

1 year ago

One of the Many Mothers….

The inside story....only some drops

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All