When whole Universe is against you,how do you stay calm?

Someday you get this exact feeling of whole Universe laughing at you e.g. recently when I missed school bus for kids,then took the wrong turn to school and then reached school just 1 min late and had to arrange a late pass for them.

I just slowed down, took a coffee and laughed at my situation.What do you do?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I’d say ‘it must have happened for a reason. It’s alright!’

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

What choice do we have but to stay calm?? ..your question reminds me of a quote from Sri Ramana Maharishi

"The Ordainer controls the fate of souls in accordance with their past deeds – their prarabdha karma. Whatever is destined not to happen will not happen, try hard how you may. Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to stop it. This is certain. The best course, therefore, is for one to be silent."

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I don't believe the Universe is against us. I believe it gives us lessons to learn from. When the struggle is real i make myself stop, breathe, and slow down. It's all temporary anyway 🤗

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

In my understanding, I find my ego behind such perceptions; it's the ego trying to find cause of my problems in others, while if I reflect honestly, I'd find those problems were caused by my neglect or just randomness. Blaming gives ego some satisfaction, this is how it constantly survives and maintains this separation with the universal self.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I still thank God that i can drive,i have a car ,i have enough funds to pay my kids late fee.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

It is tough, and there are times I struggle with it.

1) But then by imagining how worse it could be, makes you realize what to be in Gratitude for.  Above all the fact you are breathing and alive.  Then for having health, mind, etc to be able to take care of yourself

So when you start thinking about like that you see so many things are going right, and it may be just 1 or 2 that are out of place.

2) I also ask the question so what? 

Let us say due to a mistake of an employee the company ends up loosing some money.  So what? Stuff happens.  It was destined. It was honest mistake.

May be Life  is teaching me to be more detached with money.

3) Chant lords name in such time... It may give you strength he is watching over you.  Your Guru and God is with you always, and know everything.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Thinking it's act of the God, i silence myself

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Everything is predestined. Whatever happens is God's will..... My role is to accept everything as it is... 

This is how I remain calm... 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

All these things are worth laughing after a considerable time. Things look really bad from current perspective but looking into the grand scheme of things, all goes well. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Swami Ji's goto quotes help me

" don't take it personally"

"this shall too pass"

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

It's just about perspective, how we look at the situation. The universe is always there to help us, it's not against us. We often fail to look at the big picture. The best is to remain grateful for everything and laugh out on such jokes (as you did). You reached school safely, that's too much to be grateful for 

Last Saturday, I met a minor bike accident, but the universe tried to inform me before hand. Before leaving college, my classmates asked me if we could play badminton for some time. It was first time I had taken badminton, essentially, I mean it was a very minute probability of those events. But I didn't understand universe's sign and didn't stay there. Had I stayed there, the exact time, place and vehicle by which the accident was destined would have already passed and my accident would have skipped. Everything is interwined and interconnected, our ignorance is the inability to look at the grand plan, at big picture.

Still, by grace, the impact was minimum and I am sitting safe here, typing this. I just marvel when I witness such interconnections. There are literally too much of blessings to be grateful for, sometimes we may not realise. Yes somedays, it feels that someone is joking but why taking things too seriously, let's laugh with universe.

Acceptance, gratitude, let go!!!

Cheers!!!

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Breathe and Let go of the need to change what is appearing in the present moment.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Take it easy but it's difficult sometimes ...

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

By doing bhajan...... Humare  sath shri raghunath to kis baat ki chinta hume

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *