Could someone please help me out with the working of the Q&A?

[Solved]

Although it is amazingly simple indeed, there are some aspects the osdotme fam is talking about, such as the ‘accept’ feature and the difference between answering and commenting that I don't quiet understand.

Much love to each one of you!

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi Hemanya - Komal has already provided pretty much all responses. I would try to explain fields & mechanics (in brief). 

So first Fields

1. Question Title - is supposed to be a one liner question.
  2. Question Detail - is supposed to be some details around what have you tried, experienced etc. In short, your understanding of the solution.
  3. (Potential) Answer - is provided by this awesome community.
  4. Tick Mark on the Side (Question Author Only) - is to select the answer that you (the original question author) feel answers you appropriately. Selecting an answer would also close the question for any further answers.
  5. Lock Icon below the question (Question Author Only) - is to close the question if the Question Author got what they were looking for. This can be done without selecting any answer. 
  6. Love/Vote on the Side - to upvote a Question or Answer to show your agreement.
  7. Comments (Premium Member Only) - allows everyone to add their thought to question or answer instead of writing a separate question or answer. Useful, if someone already provided an answer and you want to add your bit.
  8. Edits (Author Only) - to allow Question / Answer authors to edit the questions and answers to improve them as needed.

Now Mechanics which is a bit tricky to understand. The idea behind Q&A is to build a collective wisdom database that can withstand the test of time 🙂 hence the ability to edit questions and answers over time.

1. This awesome community can build the help / guidance that we all (as seekers, householders, parents, students, executives etc) need from time to time.
  2. Questions need to be thoughtfully written keeping in mind the guidance that we are seeking. Of course that does not mean, every question has to be like that but if you are seeking guidance then think about everyone else who is seeking that guidance too before asking question.  
  3. Selected Answer would continue to be the selected answer forever. So choose with care, that is the mark on the tree that you are leaving for the fellow traveller behind you. Without right marks they would either take longer or get lost - neither is good.

It's a long answer but I hope it answers your query. Btw, you are an awesome young lady (have read a few of your posts). Keep shining!

Show 4 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Alright Hemz, here goes:

1. Asking a question: There are two boxes.

-The first one is for your question, in brief. So sum up your question in one line and leave it in the title box, so that people know what you are asking from the main page itself. 

-There is also a bigger box underneath for more details about your question

2. Comment and Answer:

Answer: If you wish to answer someone's question, then please write your answer in the "Share your answer" box. This is seen by everyone  members and non-members.

Comment: If you wish to ask for clarification about an answer or a question  you can write a comment for that topic starter or answerer. The comments are less visible than 'answers'. And are mostly for clarification.

Ideally only share what you want in Answers, as it is more visible and will help people.

3. The Approval tick:

As it stands right now: When a question has been asked and many people have answered, the topic starter can choose to approve an answer as being the most appropriate and helpful answer for that specific question. I initially thought Approval Tick is available for all, but no. As per os.me, ""Approval Tick" is available to only the member who had originally asked the question apart from Moderators. So the person who asked the question can select an answer based on which answer really answered the query.

Selecting it as an approved answer would also bubble that answer to the very top in the page for any future visitors." 

4. Be happy and enjoy it all;)

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

When you ask a question... there's a tick mark (next to each person's comment) to choose the best answer you like. That's the "accept" feature.

When you write in the "Share your Answer" section, you are answering the main question.

When you write a response to someone's answer (by clicking on Add a comment), you are interacting with that particular person (and not the one who asked the question).

I'm not good at explaining these things, but I tried! I hope that helps, sweetheart. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Instead of writing a question and asking for answers, I am going to do the following:

I will write down an answer in the "Title" and then I will request the members to tell me what could be a relevant question for that answer.

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hey, Hem-Chai, I too wanted someone to help me out with the working of the Q&A answers, please tell me how to add answers to a q/a question🙄

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *