os.me Search Improvements & Feedback

Dear Members - Website & Community Search has been improved. It would be easier now to find something. Some examples - 

You can also search for community members, just type in their name. This question thread is for this lovely community to share their feedback on search and if there are things that can be improved.

Sincerely,

🙏
os.me Team
Live. Love. Laugh. Give.

19 Answers

Dear Ravi - Thank you for your feedback, comments are now visible after a Question is closed. Closed questions do not allow fresh comments but existing comments can be read.

When someone marks a question as closed, all comments which are interaction disappear. Earlier they used to be there.  I feel when closing a question by selecting a answer,  the comments should be visible.

Dear Neelanjan - Thank you for the suggestion, search now has a homepage - https://os.me/search/

Even if there is no shortcut in the os.me home page for now, please check if there can be a search home (e.g. os.me/search)

Sincerely,
🙏
os.me Team 

Live. Love. Laugh. Give.

That's fantastic news, os.me team! Looking forward to using it and will be back if I have any feedback:) I always loved the search button, and now it does even more! 😀

Thanks for all your hard work!

This is such a cool feature, specially when os.me is burgeoning with new content everyday. Loved the 4 categories, it'll be much easier for new community members to find relevance. 

This is wonderful, and I would say that usecase to search a member and their writings is  working wonderfully 

4) search for a Community Member & their articles or Q&A reply - I want to search for a member name & articles from them.

Further, we can sort these by written in last 30 days and Sort by Comments.  I feel the Filter placement could be made slightly more prominent as I almost missed it. (make it left aligned vs right, and/or bold as a suggestion)

Another suggestion, but not related to search is 

When someone marks a question as closed, all comments which are interaction disappear. Earlier they used to be there.  I feel when closing a question by selecting a answer,  the comments should be visible.

This is a awesome feature! It helps a lot! Thank you so much.

However I have some feedback:

1. It is better to have a search home page with a shortcut on os.me home page, so that people don't have to type in the address bar. Browsers like Safari only shows the domain name, for laymans it might be confusing to type in the address bar. It is not generally considered a user friendly design.
  2. Even if there is no shortcut in the os.me home page for now, please check if there can be a search home (e.g. os.me/search)
    If I type os.me/search --> It goes to os.me home page
    If I type os.me/search/ --> It displays a page without any formatting - just texts. Please apply the stylesheets here or redirect it to os.me home page only for now.

Thank you for all your effort!

You always Rock Os.me! My love. 

appreciate your dedication on taking feedback and implementing the features.

Thank you os.me team 

Wow! The search engine has really improved. The process used to be too cumbersome before. Great work, os.me team! ❣

I love it! Thanks 🙂

Thankyou very much

It's great. Thank you! My love and gratitude to the team 😊🙏

Thank you for made it easy...its a great.

This is Amazing !! Thank you so much 🙏🙏

Love and Regards ❤️❤️

Page 1 / 2
Related Posts

2y ago

Top 7 Benefits of a Good Vocabulary

Here is what I understood about having a good vocabulary

1 year ago

OSME on Kindle

The new update will blow your mind.

1 year ago

My Near Death Experience

The bridge for a new life.

1 year ago

Why os.me is the Finest Place

To learn, Grow and Earn

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All