What are your suggestions for the newsletter?

Going forward, we want to include the community in a bigger way for all things os.me, even the newsletter. So, what are your suggestions to make the newsletter more awesome? 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi! Great question. The newsletter is already amazing as of now, but here are some of the small improvements that I would suggest. 

1) Most of the writers on the forum write motivational content or life experiences. As you are a great writer yourself, it would be awesome if you could add a section in the newsletter that provides writing tips rather than motivational content. I'm sure it would help several budding authors.

2) Make a separate section for the featured authors by invitation. I notice that most of the mentioned posts are by the invitees, and of course, those posts are great. However, only a few of the other authors get mentioned. I'd recommend just adding a new section for your picks from the authors.

3) The challenges spark the community into writing, especially ones based on quality over quantity. I'd recommend more challenges for diverse genres, like a short story writing challenge or poetry writing challenge. We could do an audience vote for many of those. I'm sure you observed the incredible amount of activity and positivity in the community during the challenge.

4) Make the newsletter biweekly instead of weekly. Having newsletters twice a month (maybe on the weeks on which Swamiji doesn't post) will make the newsletters seem more valuable to the community. Even going back to once a month may be a good idea, even if it is more extreme. That way, the newsletters will be appreciated more by the community, as the rarity of the post will make it seem more interesting to people.

Other than those suggestions that I have, the newsletter is a great idea and it's being executed well too! Please keep up the good work, the community is waiting on tenterhooks for every newsletter!!

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

We could include:-

1. A section dedicated for those doing a specific Sadhana - they could ask a question to Swami and get his response in a few sentences or a paragraph max so that Swami's routine will not get hindered and the practitioner also moves ahead in his/her path. Kindly try to have this as part of the newsletter. 

2. Please create a system in this website where everyone can update their own meditation time duration on a daily basis (of course once they finish it - be it minutes and hours) & also chanting count.  You could update the entire community with a cumulative hours time spent by the os.me family on meditation and chanting as also Sadhana (if you choose to have a Sadhana section as well). Updating the community / os.me family via a newsletter stating that lets say this week the community has finished 100 hours of meditation, 15 hours of chanting and lets say 3 Guru Sadhana or other Sadhanas with be hugely motivating and beneficial to the community. You are just going to specify the total time duration of the community and no names will be taken. Therefore with identity being protected it will act as a nudge for all practitioners. 

Gratitude and Love always, 

Mahamaya

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Jai Shri Hari!

1. This day/week, last year post(s) by member(s) can be included.

2. Best post of the week.

3. Interview of a budding member writer.

Thanks

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hey Medha - $0.02 below 🙂 

• Pics are great. Axios did it well here
  • Morning Brew has cool infographics, good design and neat gamification at the end
  • Perhaps plugging ‘trending’ question from Q&A and/or insightful comment from posts in addition to the posts themselves
  • Might be data around optimal read time + day / time to send out newsletter 
  • Osdotme swag giveaways though one wonders that might entail 😀

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Medha, The newsletter is excellent, kudos to you and entire team. An idea - include a kindness story of the week. It could be taken from all the RAKs submitted on the black lotus app. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

This is not really a suggestion.I noticed some people want the frequency of the newsletter to be reduced so that people look forward to it more. But I really hope the newsletter would continue to be a weekly affair like it is now, I love reading the newsletter every Wednesday morning and wait for it patiently, every week!

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hello Medha ji, Thanks for doing a great job! What about having a 'Sadhana Corner'? There you can add important sadhana dates, such as Poornima, Amavasya and other dates where certain sadhana could be started. It may be quite handy for many sadhaks. Jai Sri Hari! 😊🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Some amazing suggestions already.  Here are a few that I like

a) Would love a short section, which covers about 1 featured author.  It could be say just 3 questions that the authors answer, but it helps the community know about them.
b) Like the idea of Os.me swag give aways.
c) Link to the recently released videos of Swami ji, if anyone missed any of them.
d) A section to share book launches by any member of the community.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Jai Sri Hari Medhaji,

I would like to suggest that there should be a save icon to save the blogs written by fellow members which can be easily accessed at a later time. Medium.com has a similar feature which is quite useful since it shows all the saved blogs under 'recently saved' on the right hand pane of the website.

Sincerely,

Deepak Nair

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Medha, this is such a warm invite! Thank you for asking us to give our inputs. Though it may be hard to include them all but the fact that your approach (the entire team's approach) is so inclusive, it makes it so cozy and beautiful. I noticed that authors/community members are given recognition for their work and contributions which is so wonderful and encouraging. os.me team is the glue that keeps the community together :). I really enjoy your newsletters and look forward to them.

So here are some suggestions. Some of them may be offbeat but need of the hour, in my view. Of course, needs will keep changing from time to time. In case you have already included these, please ignore as I am a new member and still trying to catch up with the content, at my pace.

1. Master-theme of the month- what is the community-sentiment as assessed during a period of the last 4 weeks and may be work the newsletters around that monthly theme. There will be content available as the theme would have emerged out of featured authors, featured posts, Swamiji's posts, some global sentiment, stories/posts from community authors matching that theme, and so on.

2. Dedicated well-being section- a short one? Not to prescribe people some meds but to help us all expand our view of well-being :). For example, it could cover why yoga can be important (some general recommended practices from community members), mental well-being (multitude of practices that one can follow for a good mental health esp. now that we are all in the online cocoon), recommended meditation and new/existing courses on os.me, physical exercises' role in our well-being, and any other thing that can come in the purview of well-being. 

3. Satvik Cooking recipes- recommendations from os.me, from the community members, recipes and secret ingredients for health and vitality. Another short one?

4. Conversation corner- Q&A feature with Om Swami ji. Reminding us of some answers he has given to hundreds of questions. Presenting a Q&A each week that would help us remind us of his teachings and guidance. 

Thanks.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *