What is the solution of this dilemma of heart vs mind?

If following your heart leads to gratification. Then why can't one follow one's heart when one falls in love. Why is it considered immoral?

Because sometimes one can't even approach the other person. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Reflect on the source of your idea of “immoral”. You will realize that it is something handed over to you by the society. 
If love is God, how can falling in love with someone be immoral?! 
It is one of the most beautiful and crucial life experiences! May you lose yourself completely in love! 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Shivansh, 

The mind always tries to put boundaries based on the views accumulated through years of conditioning…the heart loves wholeheartedly though! To me love is God and I say love wholeheartedly! Don’t hold back your love but at the same time don’t hold the other person prisoner to your love. 

1. Fearlessly express your love to the other person.

2. Give the other person freedom to choose their response. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Om Sri Hari Shivansh. Everything you are thinking, whether thoughts of love or morality, comes from your mind. The heart has no role in it. This is true both physiologically, neurologically, and according to classical Buddhist texts I have read about the mind. Swami gives the best example of love. When you love a rose, you water it, nurture it, and let them bloom. You don't worry about taking it home and preserving it in a vase.

Coming to our world, true spirituality has no space for morality. Everything is action and consequence. If you love someone who does not love you back and yet you want to bother them, it creates adverse consequences for everyone. If you love someone who is already in a relationship and unhappy, that has different consequences. It has different implications if you both like each other and families are opposed.

The real question is whether your actions benefit the person you care about and whether you have the strength to deal with the consequences.

Society has a certain structure. Resisting it and forging your path requires tremendous willpower and steely determination.

There is no morality in life, simply consequence.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Sorry i cannot comment since i am not a premium member

Anu ji, what do you think is immoral in forming a relationship. What is it that should be avoided at all costs? 

Because it is always said that even such a confession when reaches public ears would lead to slander.

And what should one do, other than being true to oneself, to speak to the other person, because it is very difficult to even approach.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I believe you are facing a personal dilemma. If you really love someone you don't necessarily have to have that person. You can't possess anyone or anything no matter how much you love that person or thing. Life is impermanence. Nothing is permanent. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

We are given both a heart and a brain. Why not use both? The heart can be helpful but it can also lead us astray. The brain is logical, but it is not enough. Use both and we cannot be wrong.Follow your heart, but be rational.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

deleted  , SORRY .

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Mind is like monkey, never stable. One needs to tame it. 

Whereas the heart is like an ocean, one has to discover the treasures hidden underneath it through channeling the mind (thoughts).  If mind is having thoughts of love the heart of Ocean is filled with love.

If mind is under one's control and command than only one can dive deep in the heart of Ocean.  Mind is just an instrument, tune it to find the ocean of bliss.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *