Best way to serve a master when you are not initiated

To a disciple who is initiated, the best way to serve a master would be to follow the personal instructions guru has provided, but to someone who has neither met the master nor has been initiated, is there any way he/she can serve the Guru, and if yes, please share! 

Show 1 comment

Please login to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Initiated or Not, the best way to serve your Guru/Master is to follow the path shown by him.  Swami ji says I don't want anything from you (as an offering/gift), but your welfare/progress.

In case the person is initiated, they may be given some extra instructions for the sadhana that the disciple may want to pursue.

But, the majority of the work is in making the environment ready.  It is not the seed, but the soil, water, sunshine and air that helps it to sprout and grow.  Similarly, the main portion of Sadhana is to purify oneself and follow the path of truth and compassion and/or the path of surrender and bhakti.

Physically meeting master also is not a requirement, as he is in the energy field also, he is in the mantra/words also.  Did Meera meet Krishna physically to be in bhakti with the lord?

So go ahead and walk the path shown by our master/Guru.  

Show 3 comments

Please login to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Jai Sri Hari Swati Ji. My heart melted a little on reading the question. After being initiated, I can tell you Swami asks for nothing even after initiation. Almost, nothing you can say :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqoLn1wjzpo&ab_channel=OmSwami is a beautiful video where he talks about Guru Dakshina. Focus on the last few minutes. I have heard him on multiple occasions saying that the only thing he wants is for you to develop into a person who loves everyone equally. He called it one step below enlightenment in his discourse in November when I was at the ashram.

You have a pure heart, dear friend, and that's a great start. Just keep at it every day. I told him mentally that I was perfectly happy being ekalaya till he was ready to initiate me.

Show 3 comments