Can any kind soul here please suggest an apt date in the upcoming months for sri suktam...

First of all, I would like to thank all the kind people here for being so responsive. Unfortunately due to health scare, I had to stop my sri suktam japa midway on the first day itself and I havent come to peace with it yet. I wish to give  it another try. Please can anyone suggest an apt date in the upcoming months when I can undertake sri suktam sadhana once again by sankalpa? I am not exactly familiar with the auspicious days to start this sadhana according to hindu panchanga/tithi, if anyone here could help me out I would be so grateful!

4 Answers

The next date would be about 15/16 days before Diwali as announced by Swamiji, and we'll be doing it along with Swamiji.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Completely agree with Varun Ji's answer. Also in the meantime you can chant Sri Suktam daily once so that by the time you get to the actual sadhan you already know it very well. Also if you want to take up the 960 days sadhana as outlined in ASM - you can start it on the night of Diwali. Lastly don't be disheartened Rue Ji. All sadhana that we do are only by His and Divine Mother's grace. If you haven't been able to do it, just means you have been given more time to become stronger and come back more confident  prepared. 🙂 Hope this helps! Keep walking the path. 

Last year dates of Shri Suktam Sadhana was from Kartik Krishna Paksha Chaturdashi to Kartik Shukla Paksha Poornima, If we assume same dates the next date will be 12 Nov. 2023 to 27 Nov. 2023.

Rest Swami ji will announce the exact dates.

JSH

Jai Sri Hari Rue! 🙏

Next opportunity has already been mentioned by Varun ji, I would just like to add the following.

In the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Chapter 1 verse 30, the revered sage Patanjali lists nine Antarayas, the deep-seated impediments to spiritual progress. As one moves through a purashcharana (practice of repeating a mantra a specific number of times a day for a set time period), one shall face some or all of these obstacles (Antarayas) head-on. The first Antaraya he mentioned is Vyadhi (Physical illness).

There is no doubt that many who undertake spiritual practices face such obstacles, nature always tests us, sometimes we pass sometimes we fail but we need not feel disheartened, we pick ourselves up, pray to our beloved Swamiji, to God, then try again! 

https://yogainternational.com/article/view/the-nine-antarayas-impediments-to-progress-in-practice/

Related Posts

4y ago

Gayatri Sadhana

A lot can happen with daily practice of the gayatri mantra invocation.

11y ago

The Four Pillars of Sadhana

Do you need a guru or initiation to succeed in a spiritual sadhana (practice)? Here are the four primary elements of sadhana.

11y ago

The Meaning of Samadhi

What is samadhi, really? Is it a state of emptiness or a state of super-awareness, super-consciousness? Read on.

1 year ago

Sadhana App – Excited for Its Launch

Sanatan Dharma can be saved if we all unite

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All