As swamiji said , There’s no respect without self-respect. What are your views on this?

As swamiji said , There’s no respect without self-respect. What are your views on this?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

All charity begins at home(read self). Any virtue you take, first we experience it the giving and taking within ourselves. That's all is needed. When the virtues become a part of our being, giving them to others is effortless and natural. 

Like Rumi says, our job is not to find love, it is to find the barriers that prevent love! Similarly, instead of focusing on respecting yourself, find out the barriers that you have created that prevent you from respecting yourself. Once identified, be mindful to not let them take over and slowly self-respect will become your state of being. 

For example, a non-acceptance of our actions based on conditioned ideas of right or wrong is one of the greatest barriers to self respect. Identify and drop a million times! 

Understand yourself, accept yourself and be yourself! 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Self-respect and Self-love are two most important traits in a person if he want to achieve that state of pure bliss and if he really want to spread positivity and happiness in this world. Such a person always gets respect in his life by fulfilling other souls with his positive aura. 

When a person lacks self respect, howsoever compassionate and helpful he/she may be for others, he doesn't get that much respect. People use him for their purpose and take him for granted as he is just helping them in materialistic things, they are not getting that positive ray of happiness as they get in the first case. 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

It is literally 10 times easier to transcend a healthy ego and get to that state of superconsciousness/enlightenment. An underdeveloped ego sucks for the spiritual journey as well, not just life in general. 

Even the Buddha had an ego. Because if he did not he would be able to walk, hold normal conversations, or do any basic activity. So there is no choice but to use it as long as one is alive or in the body. 

It is a tool. Use it well, but use it. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

We are the children of the same God or everthing is made up of the same divine source. There can't be any descrimination.

Ignorance distorts this reality and cause the sufferings.

The wise proclaims "I am Ok, You are Ok"

Hari Om Tat Sat

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

If you can't respect yourself you cannot respect others. Others only respect you to the degree that you respect yourself. These I have found out in my life's journey. Thanks for asking. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *