Hi, How can I begin with writing as I'm completely new to it? Any thoughts or suggestions.

Hi, How can I begin with writing as I'm completely new to it? Any thoughts or suggestions.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi Neha, welcome to os.me. Please note, most of us are not writers here. We just express our feelings / thoughts / personal learning / experiences or anything we may want to share. Purpose? Sometimes I just feel good writing something, or to share something i learned or even i share my paintings or even if u r sad, just write it down. The beautiful comments from so many beautiful souls will melt your heart for sure! U r free to write anything. And u won't know how good u write until you write 😁

We will wait for your posts. Just sit in a lil solitude and write. 

Happy writings! Jai Sri Hari 🙏🌺

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi there. First of all, welcome to os.me! You can write about anything you want. To give you some ideas you can write about a memorable incident, your thoughts on something, your experiences, about your day or just about how you've been feeling lately. Don't feel pressurized to write something very philosophical. As long as your writings are not intended for hurting anybody, it's all good. We write all sorts of silly things here (including those things which we are usually afraid of sharing with other people, our innermost feelings). Just remember nobody is going to judge you here for anything. Feel free to express yourself and be You! 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I find that on some days you just feel that it's the right time to write something and then one should therefore just follow that timing.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Start with telling about yourself and what brings you here on this beautiful forum. Things that you find as a common theme. 

What this forum means to you? Is this a forum where you are looking to enhance your writing skills, or you want to be a part of an exclusively kind community? or you heard our beloved Swamiji and joined the forum to read his pearls of wisdom? or like me, is this your virtual heaven where you meet your Lord and their bhaktas and sing his glory ? 

Would love to hear all from you ☺️

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

If you are writing something serious, put on your headphones and play any instrumental or theme music without any lyrics. That will activate your subconscious memories where you will touch personal elements of your memories including pain, grief, struggle and eventually how you tackled those challenges. You will be able to pen down your story like any pro writer.

Second suggestion is to write something which leads to be learning curve for others. So, when they finish reading your story or post, they feel the time spent valuable. Follows these and everything will fall in right place at right time.

Regards

Manas Nanda 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Welcome Neha Ji. I can't remember how I wrote my first post but it could be anything - your interests, your journey into spirituality, your hobbies. Looking forward to reading your first post 🙂

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Nameste,

I would like to express my gratitude to Neelanjan ji, Ahana ji, Leenkesh ji, Swati ji, Manas ji and Aditya ji. Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and encouraging me. Sorry for the delay in responding.

I appreciate, for providing me the stepping stone. All the suggestions are great and highly valuable.

I'm very happy to meet you all and excited to begin my another new journey here.

Wish you all and everyone a very happy, healthy and a brighter New Year.

Looking forward for more interactions and learning.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Will be waiting for your posts, surely. Good luck!

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Jai Shri Hari! You can read about my writing journey here

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hi Neha!

My advice would be to just type down whatever you have in mind when you feel inspired. You can even type it in a text to a friend if you are on the road etc. 
just copy paste it into the os.me draft and then start typing tour thoughts, you will find that it will just flow after a short while. 

And if you are not sure how to go about it, just tell yourself that you will write a very short post to begin with.

Much to your surprise you will realise that you got a long post:)

Good luck and know that everything as long as it ia your truth and kind, is accepted on osme😁 No judgement, only love here❤️ And welcome to osme!

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Neha, welcome to os.me.

I am also new but may be not that new anymore here. 🙂

- We all have internal dialogues or monologues going. I usually start putting those down on paper or record them.

- We all think about our day, our experiences, our interactions with people and our observations about them, so I also put those thoughts on paper. Then I read it and simply edit it a bit.

- If I can not find a good English word matching my Hindi thought, I google it and end up finding good vocabulary (Merriam Webster app is great). That's it!

- I look for phrases to be able to present my thoughts better

- A good habit is to write (even rough) as soon as you wake up. Write 2-3 pages of anything that comes to you, naturally. This practice for weeks has helped me a lot.

And guess what? Your one question has led to so many replies which means we are all going to be very happy to see your posts. 🙂 

Cheers! 

Kadambini

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Whatever you feel from heart, you can write down here. Here language of heart is accepted. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Neha,

Welcome to OS.ME community. Write whatever comes into you mind or something which you want to share with the community . Here, people don't judge you and feel free to connect with anyone . You will feel the warmth and love through their response. So go ahead and don't have any inhibitions .

JAI SHRI HARI .

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *