How do you prioritise between parenting and work?

Since I got up this Saturday morning, I have been constantly doing household chores and looking after the children. Cooking and feeding my children gave me a lot of happiness but at the end of the day (late at night), I realized that I have not managed to do any of the online courses related to my office-work. I want to upskill so that my work prospects improve. I know that parenting is very important for me, but so is earning money so that I can support our family. How do you choose between the two? Both seem to be equally important.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Dear Sushmita,

Know that we all have limited amount of energy and we absolutely need to prioritize how we use it. Here are my suggestions:

1. Be a boss lady and hire house help! Delegate household work, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping etc. This will instantly free up a bucket load of energy and time! 

2. Make the above delegation happen professionally. What I mean by that is whoever is going to do whichever task, spend sometime with them “professionally” to train them as per your liking and correcting them for the training period of 2weeks or so. At the end of that training period, they would be trained to your liking and if you can always keep an open yet compassionate line of communication, you can continue correcting them.

3. No matter how much your social conditioning nudges you, don’t be stingy in paying them! Happy people do good work naturally:) 

Imagine coming home and all the household chores are done and taken care of to your liking! Now you can spend “quality” time with your family! 

A boss lady delegates like a boss yet wins the hearts of her employees with love and a sense of belonging! 

So, are you a boss lady? Or atleast ready to be one? 😎

Love ya! 

Anu

The boss lady! 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Susmita if we can give comfortable and decent facilities to our kids with the limited resources we have them time is what they would want most! I gave up my career for my kids and reduced our life style luxuries.

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hi Susmita ji

if I was advising myself then I would tell myself the below.

Don’t be hard on yourself. Relax and accept all the things that you want to do mentally first without anxiety. Then give your internal system time and let it figure out a plan for you. 

constant do do mode where you are planning and forcing things is exhausting. But the same thing can be accomplished if you breathe and sink into your life and what things it is demanding from you at the moment.  Let it all get figured out organically. Develop more detachment and anchor to faith unquestioningly while gently reminding yourself of your needs. Make small changes…. take little steps with a solid content mindset. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

🙏,

Priority, it's you who have to choose your priorities..... I always feel that there is wrong conception, if we (ladies) hv to earn money we hv to go out for work....mom's have greater responsibility than father's.....you have a choice to quit job but kids can't quit parents know...☺️

We can't give our 100% neither to job nor to home sweet home 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *