What are the different ways to control eating habits?

If someone is almost addicted to eating every now and then, how should one control it?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I had this issue for the longest. Swami gave me this suggestion - instead of trying to control your eating habits, take the replacement approach.

1. Whenever I feel like binging, I make some relatively healthy popcorn. Then, I slowly munch one corn at a time. I keep it next to me, and eat it over a period of 2-3 hours!
  2. I've bought some baby tomatoes and grapes. Each time I have a craving, I eat them one piece at a time.
  3. Water flavored with lime or anything else acts great too. Each time I feel like binging, I drink some water.
  4. I have hot tea ready in a thermos. This one controls my binging a great deal.
  5. If nothing works, I have trained myself to eat Dark chocolate. I quickly eat one small piece of it but I restrict it to the "final resort". More so, during my PMS. 😊

Replacement to healthier food and combining that with slowing down the intake worked wonders for me. Due to that, from 2200+ calories, I've gone down to a 1200-1400 calories diet now. And, I'm still binging happily. 😊

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Good one Suchali!:)

If anyone asks this, I'd say: brush your teeth everytime you eat. It surely helps. And Swami too said in a discourse that when He does this it kinda tells your brain that, okay that's it no more food is coming😂

It has worked for me, it may work for others too:)

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

One possibility is that you might not be getting full, so if you add more fiber and protein in your meals, it might help be more full which might reduce your regular trips to the kitchen and fridge. I personally do this with making fruit smoothies, I add more protein and fiber and it always helps me stay full and avoid unnecessary snacking. 

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I wish I had the answer to this!!! I would follow it myself 😜... As long as I am at work, I don't have this urge to eat anything. I can even go on working from morning to evening without eating or drinking .!! But as soon as I get home, I feel famished!! Then I tend to binge, and after that am settled. 😃

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *