What would you do with your life?

Fun Question Time:

What would you do with your life if you had a billion dollars in your bank?

My Answer:

- First, hoarding money is terrible for the economy. So, I would hire a financial consultant to help invest my money.

- Then, money can make us lazy! So, I would use some of my capital to found a startup (maybe related to technology) and do my best to grow it.

- Finally, I may also produce a movie just for fun. 😉

PS: I'm super excited! I've guest edited this week's editorial (thanks to Medha Shri). I hope you got a chance to read it. 😊

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Here’s the deal Rishi:

Gimme the billion dollars, I’ll do something with it and then come back to answer. Sounds good?😂

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

First of all, congrats Rishi Ji. Really enjoyed reading the editorial 😊

If I had a billion dollars:

1. Finance the creation of an Anime of our epics like Ramayan and Mahabharath (there already is an anime movie of Ramayan, so I would go for an episodic series)- Budget: 50 million 

2. One of my fears is that with the passage of time, many of our temples will get eroded due to a lack of funding and proper care. I will use 900 million to find sustainable solutions for the upkeep of these temples so that the divinities there are respected, adored and taken care of even 100 years from now. They have come to the earth for our benefit. This is the least we should do. Budget: 900 million 

3. The remaining money will be shared with my family and friends and for other social causes.Budget: 50 million

I did consider investing the money initially, making it grow and then implementing plans 1,2,3 with a bigger base amount. But I figured let me work with what I have first 😂

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Om Sri Hari Rishi. I read some fantastic research on two wealthy men and how they spent their money to define a legacy for them. They both were interested in Education. The first went the endowment way and gave well-reputed college money to use as an endowment. The other put a condition that all that money needed to be spent, so his trust opened colleges all over America and created a tremendous impact on society.

If I had a Billion dollars, I would invest only in two areas—Education and care of elderly folks. All the problems in this world come from having an education system that focuses on gains for industrial society. If we can create and distribute a curriculum that teaches humanity as a core value, we will live in a happier world.

I would also open hospices/elderly care where older adults can live and die in peace. It breaks my heart to see too many people begging on the roads, unable to rest their aching bones. Everyone deserves to relax and love.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I often ask myself what I would do if I won a million dollars lottery. I think I would give most of this money to charity, some to my kids. I will keep living on what I have. Of course, my chances of winning a lottery are zero, as I never buy a lottery ticket.

I think our philosophy of life comes from our childhood. My parents never gave me pocket money or weekly allowance. They just supplied my needs. Hence, I have never craved for more money - just enough for the needs of myself and my family. My wife is exactly the same, in this regard.

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

i will donate some to charity for sure. keeping some to myself, go for the world tour, do everything i have imagined to do in this life and live life to the fullest because no matter what we still need a lot of money in life. right ? 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Congratulations Rishi ji, I am so proud of you. 

Sending all my love 💖 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Namaste!

I would first speak to Swamiji-As he has seen it all-done it all-everything we can  imagine he has achieved it all at this young age.I would ask him for advice definately and follow it.

Cheers.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *