Can Someone share the laghu purushcharana 9 days of Gayatri Sadhana?

I have the book the ancient science of mantras but that has the eloborate way of 40 days.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

This is the method I followed when I did the laghu purushcharana for 9 days, these are basically the notes I derived it from this book https://www.amazon.in/Hidden-Power-Gayatri-Mantra/dp/9388423240

1. Laghu Purushcharana can be 3-9 days
2. Find the next full moon day, https://www.mpanchang.com/vrats/purnima-vrat/, this is when sadhana should start
3. Follow sadhana for 9 days after the first day
4. Will chant a minimum of 1000 times/day, sadhana to be done facing east direction
5. Decide on a time - like morning 6 am etc and stick to it on all days
6. A day before need to seek permission from divine mother
We must seek permission from the Divine Mother before undertaking Her sadhana. The simplest way to do this is to take a bath and sit at your altar after sunset. Take a bit of water in your right hand and mentally call upon the Divine Mother in the form of Gayatri and seek permission that may She and other forces of nature allow you to complete Her sadhana. Leave the water in the plate next to you.
Next, do 3 rounds of the Gayatri mantra chanting for mini invocation.
Use rudraksha beads. Use the same beads to commence your purushcharana the next day.
Once done, go to sleep in the same place where you chanted the Gayatri mantra.

7. Brief Invocation method of purushcharana(7 steps + sankalpa, bathing, clothing)

7.1. Before bath purification ritual : Kalasha Mudra/ Matsya Mudra & then Chant "Ganga cha yamune caiva Godavari Saraswati Narmade Sindhu Kaveri jalesmin sannidhim kuru"
7.2. Put on fresh clothes white color two pieces of cloth. Asan is a blanket covered with white cloth
7.3. Sankalpa (Only on the first day)
To do the sankalpa, simply take water in your right palm, put a few grains of rice and a flower and say it in any language you know.
I [Your_Name] born in Narayana gotra on [DOB] hereby vow to do a purushcharana of Gayatri of 9000 mantras over the next 9 days so I may become a worthy recipient of your grace and attain the desired outcome.
After you have made your sankalpa, keep the water that you have in your palm, with your flower and rice, in a small plate in front of you and on that very day pour it on the base of any tree or plant.

7.4. 7 steps of purushcharana
7.4.1 Purification of the surroundings (Step 4/32). Just sprinkle water in all directions.

7.4.2 Self-purification (Step 5/32). Drink water three times.
Take the spoon in your left hand, scoop up some water with it and pour that water in the palm of your right hand. Now say, “Om Keshavaya Namah” and then drink the water from your right palm. Do it once more saying “Om Madhavaya Namah” and repeat it while chanting “Om Narayanaya Namah”. So, three times all up. Once done, put some water again in your right palm, put the spoon in your left hand back in the pot, say, “Om Pundarikakshaya Namah”, then wash your hands on the left side.

7.4.3 Lighting the lamp (Step 6/32). while chanting.
Om Agni Varchau Jyotir Varchau Svaha Om Agni Jyotir Jyotir Agnih Svaha Suryo Jyoti Jyotir Suryah Svaha Agnir Varcho Jyotir Varchah Svaha Suryo Varcho Jyotir Varchah Svaha Jyoti Suryah Suryo Jyotih Svaha

7.4.4 Ganesha prayer (Step 7/32). chant below mantra
Vakratunda mahakaya suryakoti samaprabha nirvighnam kurume dev sarvakaryesu sarvada ||

7.4.5 Mantra chanting (Step 26/32). 10 rounds.

7.4.6 Offering japa to the deity (Step 28/32). This is japa samarpana.
Here we visualize the deity, Vedmata Gayatri. Mentally offer your chanting in the left hand of Devi. Visualize that Devi, Mother Gayatri, Mother Divine is there, and you have offered it in the left hand of Devi.
You can simply say, “I hereby offer you all my japa.” It’s as if you are a child who has earned something, and are giving it to your parents for safekeeping – “Please, put it in a fixed deposit,” or the like.
Now, chant, Abhishta siddhim me dehi sharanagata vatsale bhaktya samarpaye tubhyam japamevarcanam

Once you have devoted your japa to your deity, you can then pray for everybody’s welfare. There is a little shloka, a little mantra, which is, “Sarve bhavantu sukhina, sarve santu niramaya, sarve Bhadrani paschyanti, maa kaschida dukha bhaga bhavet.”

7.4.7 Seeking forgiveness (Step 30/32). Chant the stotra
Here’s the stotra again with meaning for your ready reference:
Aparadhasahastrani kriyantesharnisam maya, Dasosyamiti mam matva ksamasva paramesrvari. Avahanam na janami na janami visarjanam, Pujam caiva na janami ksamyatam paramesrvari. Mantrahinam kriyahinam bhaktihinam suresrvari, Yatpujitam maya devi paripurna tadastu me.

This means, I have made countless mistakes, please look upon me as Your humble servant and forgive me. I don’t know the mantras, I don’t know the correct pronunciation, I am an ignorant person, and yet I have the audacity to pray to You because You are ever merciful, You still fulfill my wishes.

Things Needed
1. Lamp (Brass)
2. Ghee & cotton wick for the lamp
3. 1 brass water pot & a small spoon & a saucer/plate
4. Rudraksha beeds with Gomukh
5. White Clothing
6. Asan Blanket + White cloth to cover

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Thank You so much Sir.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Jai Shri Hari. You can read Akshay bhai's post on the same and it will help for sure 

https://os.me/short-stories/my-first-gayatri-sadhana/

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

There is a free audible series by Swami named somewhat like "Gayatri Mantra- The Ultimate Power", I think it may help.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

https://www.amazon.in/Hidden-Power-Gayatri-Mantra/dp/9388423240  if you can get copy of the book, you’ll find it useful before commencing purushcharana. Also, checkout the Shadhana App.  

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I did read the post but  i require the the whole purushcharana fir 9 days

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *