Can we keep shiv lingam at home?

If yes! Then tell me the rules if any direction, size etc.

How to do praan partistha? 

Any idea 🤔 or swamiji has shed some light on it? 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I know of this Swamiji's video on Shivlingam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yTGOEKMNDk

As per my understanding, you can keep Shivlingam like any other vigraha in your altar and worship it. I don't know the way of Prana Prathishtha but even if you don't know, you can turn a simple stone into representation of God by having bhava (emotion) for it.

The more you serve with bhava, the more connection and reciprocation by Lord you'll experience. This has been my personal experience. That said, I don't mean to devalue the importance of Prana Prathishtha in any way, just that I've no experience/info about it.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Show 5 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Yes. 

I am worshipping a Shivlinga in home from 7-8 years, I have only grown spiritually. He helped me discover inner Shivlinga.

My mother (conditioned by astrology shows on news channels) was against keeping it inside, so he is kept in a pot with a palm plant. From many years, I have kept is direction such that when I sit, I face North. He is called Dakshinamurti, South facing. Even according to scriptures, Sadhana for spiritual advancement, aimed at liberation should be done facing north. I didn't do any particular prana pratishtha earlier, but in recent times have infused and tried to put some mantras along with it. 

If you are too much worried about prana pratishtha, the Sri Rudram chant can be useful. Forget everything, Namah shivay is enough to call him. 

Hope this helps 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Keep Narvadeshwar Shivlingam at home. 🥰🌼

Thumb sized

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *