Chanting the Lalita Sahasranama

1. What were your personal experiences after chanting the Lalita Sahasranama.

2. Does it take a lot of time to get the pronunciations correctly of the whole Lalita Sahasranama.

Thank you.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Dear Suchali, I can with all honesty say to you that the sacred LS is truly miraculous! Its power and potency to transform cannot be fully expressed here, but from my experience I can say that listening to it and then subsequently chanting it has completely transformed my being in every way. The more you delve into it the deeper it will take you into your own being. I will share just one instance because I feel an inner guidance to share this. I had always suffered from severe asthma since childhood and I used to use a puffer every day like 6 times and If I left anywhere without my puffer, I would suffer almost a panic attack over fear of getting an asthma attack. Even If I laugh loudly, I used to get severe asthma.  Ive been regularly chanting LS for a while now and I must say that before chanting LS, I truly did not feel any connection or true love for Devi. The goddess felt more like a concept than a reality. However, after I started chanting LS, I started to feel slowly like I know Devi and I started to feel a connection with her and eventually love! One day maybe after 4-5 months after I began chanting the whole thing, somehow I was able to grasp a subtle inner truth that opened a deep clarity about my Devi's oneness with everything and everyone.  At that moment I don't know how or why but I just felt that when I suffer from asthma, it is actually Devi who suffers through my body because she is one with all beings. I felt deep empathy and compassion not for me but for her. Remarkably, from that day, my asthma that had been my companion for more than 30 years just went away. Ive never used a puffer since that day! It literally miraculously went away in one day! Maybe it was just all just a sheer coincidence? You decide. Key point is that LS chanting forged a deep bond of love between me and the divine. To me it has made me connect with Devi like no other mantra before and for me it has created within me what feels like a real personal one-one relationship. Hope this helps.

In terms of how long it took, I would say about 4 months or so to memorize the whole thing. Also, dont worry about making mistakes in chanting her names. If you focus on getting the heart right, Devi will help you with getting the names right 😉. Heart is more important.

Show 7 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Dear Suchali -  A has given a beautiful answer, and somewhere I felt I should share my experience too.  
In 2019, I started chanting LS once a day, and in mid-2020 I increased it to 5 times a day. This was as part of doing 1008+ recitations in 200+ days.  This I had done with Swami ji's blessing & guidance and has asked him for a Sadhana in Dec 2019.

During 2020, was the peak of Covid, but I felt protected and somewhere felt Devi will take care of it all. I didn't track but it would have taken me 5 to 6 months before I remembered almost 99% of the chant.  I still kept the book with me but chanted with my eyes closed. 

Regarding the pronunciations, I think mother only guides, and I remember there was a mistake I was making in verse 84, in the word sadyaḥprasādinī/सद्यःप्रसादिनी.  Then I remember, later on, listening to a classical singer (Ahmed Hussain I think) where the song had these 2 verses/names from LS, and I realized how I was pronouncing it wrong.

I was reading the meanings and books on LS, during this time as well, and thought of images for visualization along with a name. During this time Guru Karunamaya was also doing sessions on LS, which I heard and they provided some great deeper meanings.

My quality of chanting was not that great. In 5 times, some days 2 to 3 times would be in good bhava/deeper state, and some days only one of the times will be in that.  

Finally, I must add that in 2020 I managed to go through the sale process of my company and complete the sale.  As you can imagine a cross-border company sale can have its set of ups and downs, that too when done remotely and in Covid times. There were some anxious moments during the process, but somewhere I had confidence in Swami Ji and Mother, and it all went fine only with her grace.   

Having said that, I did not undertake the LS sadhana with this goal in mind, and it just so happened during that time.  

It is life-transforming, and I am still going through the transformation.  I feel having Swami ji in my life has also transformed me, after all, he is one with divine mother. 

I want to do more LS Sadhana in the coming months with Swami ji and Mother's blessings.

🌺Om Sri Matreh Namah🌺

Show 13 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Sri mata I love you Ma, Srimaha ragyni I adore you Ma, Srimat Simhasaneshwari I live for you Ma

Chidagni-kund-sambhoota make me mad in Thy love Ma

Deva-karya-samudyata Let me drown myself in Thy love

Repeat mode till tears of love start flowing from your eyes and your heart squeezes inside your chest and then...

Close your eyes and meditate on love that's overflowing in your heart

Report back;)

Show 4 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Suchali... I started learning Mother's names sometime in 2019, when Covid started surging. It all started as a deep yearning to learn.... And when I want to learn, I try to write... So I would write out the verses... It must have taken me a few months. And of course, i would listen to the chanting in YouTube videos. My most favourite renditions are Kuldeep M Pai's and Singham Basant's renditions on YouTube. I don't know if I make mistakes..but mother can forgive a mistake by her child, can't she? It has brought some subtle change in me. I feel confident... Actually it's like what's the big deal with life? After all it's Mother's play, we just need to play along.... Some names deeply resonate, some names are beyond my present understanding... But after all isn't it my audacity to expect that I could understand Mother fully? Take one step, and Mother will take 1000 steps towards you... 😍😍😍

Show 3 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

THIS sacred knowledge was given by sidharth rajagopalan ji maharaaj one of my beloved guides ....in the end devotion is the prime factor ..i will be listing the benefits but as different individual have different karmic loads ...benefits may differ ....my heart pain and severe hypertensions got cured by listening the sahasranamam 40 times....

Benefits of lalitha sahasranama:-

grants you a prosperous life

lakshmi grants you wealth

saraswati grants you a sharp tongue

gayatri grants you a sharp mind if you take a bath after listening to this mantra

many planetary effects will be neutralized

all bad karma will be minimized from henceforth

Awakens Kundlini

Spirtual riches

Opens/ cleanes chakras

all troubles will fade away

all anger will dissipate

all fear will fade

all sadness will be rendered null

black magic and curses will come back with fury at practitioner( vishnu sahsranamam only protects)

you will have a long life and all minor diseases will vanish if listened to 12 times( or less)

Cleanses all sins in this life if listened to 30 times.

All major diseases will disappear if listened to 33 times.

Cancer and worst diseases will disappear at 100 times.

Positive energy will fill your life. You will get to choose rebirth if listened to 1008 times. You will attain extreme beauty inside and out. Maa will always protect you.

No physical flaws.

No mental flaws.

If listened to 3000 times it will remove all bad karmas of previous 1000 lives and replace it with good karmas.

You will become Indra of a solar system.

all the devas will be flocking to worship you if

you

listen to it 11,000 times.

If listened to 15,000 times the devas will be begging to carry out commands.

If listened to 20,000 times you will attain respect of the trimurthy of the solar system.

If listened to 30,000 times you will become a shakti of one of the trimurthy or trimurthy yourself of solar system.

If listened to 50,000 times the trimurthy of the solar system will bow down to you an carry out orders.
If listened to 125,000 times you will attain devi loka, and get numerous siddhis.

If listened to 200,000 times the trimurthy of the universe will take notice of you and respect you

If listened to 300,000 times mahabrahma and mahavishnu( universe) will bow to you.

If listened to 500,000 times you will become a courtier at the devi loka when you die

if listened to 1,000,000 times you will become a a god/godess equal to bhairava/bhairavi

if listened to 3,000,000 times you will become lalitha devi in the next mahakalpa.( after this universe is destroyed.)

if listened to 10,000,000 times you will be lalitha devi for 10 mahakalpas( reborn every mahakalpa as lalitha)

If you listen to it 30,000,000 times you will become lalitha devi for 100 mahakalpas.

HERE THE MEANING OF BECOMING LALITHAMBIKA IS THAT WE WILL MERGE WITH HER JUST LIKE MEERA BAI MERGED WITH KRISHNA ,RAMAKRISHNA JI AS MAA KAALI

...again consistency + devotion what matters .

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The benefits are immense and difficult to quantify. LSN is absolutely divine, I started chanting and learning about 2.5 to 3 years ago. I really like the book Glorious Alchemy by Dr Kavita where its been nicely broken down into different chapters, each with its own meaning. There is a beautiful youtube playlist on LSN by a fellow devotee as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmMkHTtM1E&list=PLSecqv-Ig-00lxuXuZ2QUyy0Ns49x3QR1

Once I started immersing in the meanings, I think it helped me immensely. I am able to see mother divine at play in everyday life, perspective changes and feel I am actually living and celebrating life, not just going through life. It's also elevated devotion and desire to do Sadhana. 

Somehow universe has led you to this point and sparked something, hold on and take it up one step at a time 🙂 Best wishes

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Since I had the fortune of coming across Lalitasahastranama, there is no looking back. Its happening automatically - my mind getting hooked to it, heart deriving blissful feelings, perhaps body also is getting better (will make a note of it nowonwards ). Family atmosphere getting peaceful, kids behaving better, and what not......... I never knew its powers, never knew the significance..। I mean LS just entered into my life without myself having any pre knowledge of it. The journey is wonderful.

And now after reading above answers, I pray to MAA for a closer place under her umbrella, near her feet🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️.... an ever increasing deeper bond❤❤❤❤❤

Its pure Grace to be able to chant LS💞💞

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Suchali, I am in the process of learning the Lalitha Sahasranamam too. Do try listening to the Sanskrit Channel version of this sacred Sahasranamam. It is a slow chant with meanings.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I don't know about Lalitha sahasranamam but I'm trying to learn the Vishnu sahasranama at the moment. It doesn't take a whole lot of time to get the pronunciations correct but, memorizing the whole thing can take quite a while. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Its a song to fall in love.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I heard about LSN in one of Swamiji's videos, a couple of years back. I straightaway decided that I need to chant and learn this stotra. The first time I tried to read it, I felt that given my level of IQ, it will take years for me to correctly and memorise it completely. So, to make things easier, I downloaded an APP, and everyday while going to my workplace, I would put on the earphones and listen to this divine chant on-way.  I take almost 30 minutes to reach my workplace and the chant would also finish nearly the same time, as I reach my destination.  In a month's time as I learnt the pronunciation, I started chanting alongwith the voice in the app.  Finally, with the divine mother's grace, I have completed learning the entire LSN a few days back.  It took me almost a year and a half.  Feeling so thrilled and excited. It has now become a part of my life.  Whenever, I am not doing anything, some stanza of LSN would start automatically in my mind and I would mentally chant the stotra that stanza onwards. 

Show 4 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *