Explain the Three Knots please.

[Closed]

Explain the Three Knots please.

5 Answers

Jai Shri Hari!

In a simplified manner and according to my own understanding the three knots represents the three kind of hurdles that a practitioner faces during their spiritual journey.

1. Brahma Granthi: This is the knot of creation. The desire to create something is the hurdle a practitioner faces in the beginning stages. This is one of the basic knot. This is the role of Brahma. Which is located at the lower center (Muladhar) in one's human body. As it is located near the sex center, sexual thoughts distract the practitioner from every direction. Thoughts on their own hold no meaning, if you simply don't react to any thoughts, they will disappear.
  2. Vishnu Granthi: This is the knot of preservation. The desire to hold on to something becomes a hurdle to the sadhak. This represents hunger. When you are hungry you don't think about anything else. In this case, it refers to hunger for preserving on to materialistic objects. This is the role of lord Vishnu. Which is located at the middle center (Manipura) in one's human body. If you simply persist on the path with unwavering commitment you will definitely untie this knot in no time.
  3. Rudra Granthi: This is the knot of destruction. Self-destructive and negative thoughts remain an hindrance on one's path. This is the role of lord Shiva. Which is located on higher center (Agya) in one's human body. If you have come so far in the path you will definitely overcome this hurdle. As it is located in the brain which is a storehouse of thoughts, a sadhak should become a Yogi like Shiva to untie this knot. 

What I have shared here is my own understanding on the concept of three knots which I learnt from swamiji and if you wish it to hear from my Mahadev, watch this video. 

Doing simple concentrative meditation or kundalini sadhana to be specific helps you to untie these three knots in a more swift and rapid way.

Thank you.

Har Har Mahadev!

Jai Shri Hari Sohini,

1st Point :

According to our Tantrik Texts, Human body has 3 primary NADIS (नाड़ी) out of 72000 :

Ida (इडा), Pingala (पिंगला), and Sushumna (सुषमना) 

These three NADIS (नाड़ी) starts from the root of your spine and go upto the Crown and whenever these three meet in between, We call that place a Knot/Chakra... 

These three meet at 7 places throughout your spine and those are :

1. Muladhara Chakra/Root/Base Chakra (1st Knot)

2. Swadishthana Chakra/Sacral Chakra (2nd Knot)

3. Manipura Chakra/Solar Plexus Chakra (3rd Knot)

4. Anahata Chakra/Heart Chakra (4th Knot)

5. Vishuddhi Chakra/Throat Chakra (5th Knot)

6. Ajna Chakra/Third Eye Chakra (6th Knot)

7. Sahasrara Chakra/Crown Chakra (7th Knot)

2nd point :

There are way many books/scriptures available which describes the Kundalini Energy but Lalita Sahasranama is the oldest one among them where you get the mention of Kundalini Energy and These Chakras/Knots, So, It is most authentic among others....

And when you read LALITA SAHASRANAMA, there comes mention of these Knots (ग्रंथि)...  

What is their color,

the particular type of foods associated with the Knots,

In which form devi is situated at these Knots,

What is the root letter/mantra of that knot etc...

3rd Point :

Now tell me one question :

What are the three primary/most basic hurdles in a human life?

Answer :

1. The Desire To Create

2. The Desire To Sustain

3. Not having the knowledge that what should he keep and what should he let go? 

Like, What's beneficial for him and what's not...

And these three are perfectly described in these shlokas in Lalita Sahasranama :

मूलाधारैक-निलया ब्रह्मग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ।

मणि-पूरान्त-रुदिता विष्णुग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ॥

आज्ञा-चक्रान्तरालस्था रुद्रग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ।

1st Shaloka : मूलाधारैक-निलया ब्रह्मग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ।

The 1st Knot/Hurdle is known as : BRAHMA GRANTHI/KNOT...

Bhagwan Brahma is known as the CREATOR...

This knot is associated with his name.

This one represents the DESIRE TO CREATE... 

When you activates your Muladhara Chakra/Base Knot :

You overcome the desire to create... Which is the root cause of every human's suffering...

Basically Mother Divine in Kundalini form when activated destroys this Knot known as BRAHMA GRANTHI....

Or you can say, the desire to create anything which is not of importance/benefit...

2nd Shloka : मणि-पूरान्त-रुदिता विष्णुग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ॥

The 2nd Knot/Hurdle is known as : VISHNU GRANTHI/KNOT...

Bhagwan Vishnu is known as the SUSTAINER...

This represents the DESIRE TO NOT LOOSE WHAT YOU HAVE CREATED... 

When you activates your Manipura Chakra/Solar Plexus Knot :

You overcome the desire to sustain... Which is the 2nd root cause of every human's suffering...

Basically Mother Divine in Kundalini form when activated destroys this Knot known as VISHNU GRANTHI....

Or you can say, the desire to Sustain which is not of importance/benefit...

3rd Shloka : आज्ञा-चक्रान्तरालस्था रुद्रग्रन्थि-विभेदिनी ।

The 3rd Knot/Hurdle is known as : RUDRA GRANTHI/KNOT...

Bhagwan Rudra is known as the DESTROYER...

This knot basically represents the IGNORANCE... 

That you have created something and now holding on to it without knowing whether it is good or bad for you...

Sometimes we hold on to the things which are in reality bad for us but due to limited knowledge or ignorance we think that they are good...

When you activates your Agna Chakra/Eye Brow Knot : You get the pure knowledge ...

You overcome IGNORANCE... Which is the 3rd root cause of every human's suffering...

Basically Mother Divine in Kundalini form when activated destroys this Knot known as RUDRA GRANTHI....

NOTE : 

By the way,

I will highly highly recommend this course by Swamiji if you want to go the Kundalini way in your journey,

This retreat is pure gold :

https://os.me/courses/kundalini-meditation-course/

Hope, I made it clear to you with my limited knowledge...

Jai Shri Hari...

Swamiji's kundalini book explains them well, or also Robert Svoboda's book called "Aghora ii Kundalini"

Virtual retreat Kundalini by Swamiji is the best. You get what you need to know

https://youtu.be/o_wuHSMjUqo

Related Posts

1 year ago

A Beetle’s Life

What's the story of your life?

1 year ago

Surya Namaskar

The technique that manifested my innermost desire

2y ago

A Story of Solitude

Traveling to find the soul of the world

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All