How does one maintain a meditation streak if one has a travelling job and customer dinner

I have lost my meditation and chanting streak under the excuse of business travel and late customer dinners . Moreover once a streak is broken, it is getting difficult to get back in routine .  Look forward to tips that had worked for others ? 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

By starting it immediately.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Are you referring to the Black Lotus App or just in general? I typed this answer which applies to BL. 

There are 24hrs in a day. If you know that your day will be hectic or you may not find time at night, do all 3 tasks when you have time before your travel/meetings. And leave the evaluation to just before midnight. (If you weren’t referring to Black Lotus then, just meditate in the morning or in your free 5mins. Just like you find time to eat and shower)

This is a way to maintain streaks on busy days. I have 1000+ days and some days I just meditated for 1min or less but still did it. And BL allows you to skip some of the activities, so it’s handy if you are very busy.

If you are travelling across timezones then sometimes it’s inevitable to lose some days, but you won’t lose your entire streak, it will just be reduced by 10 days or so. Happened to me a few times. #sadtimes:)

So really you just need to have it at the back of your mind that you have meditation/tasks to complete.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Why did you begin the first streak? Just reflect what motivated you to start and had that prior streak. We need to keep reconnecting, resupply the mind with same fascinations which made it interested in these activities.

Read some related books – in fact, just reread what you had read at the previous beginning. Most of it mind would find refreshing and discover new things in there. Reflect on any experience/etc. you got during previous streak.

these things would rekindle an urge in you to restart with fervor. This has been my experience.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Join a meditation course.

There are some available by os.me and some by other institutions.

Most importantly, we must make

1. Time

2. Right effort

So first, make some time out for yourself. Time made towards such noble efforts is most commendable, and very much worth making.

Or make so much "effort" that time spent in other things becomes meaningless and you make time for yourself, the most valuable time there is to make.

Jaya Hari Sri Hari, Hari Hara Jaya Jaya.

🙏🙏🌸

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *