How to maintain a balance between spirituality and religion? (Not going into extremes)

How to maintain a balance between spirituality and religion? (Not going into extremes)

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Ankit ji, if we understand the true meaning of spirituality or religion, then why would we want to restrict ourselves? When in doubt, listen to your conscience.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi Ankit,

Spirituality and religion are complementary to each other.

The framework and the rules in religion kick starts our  spiritual journey, makes it  easier and enjoyable

If religion cann't empower person to seek the real truth, it's not a true religion. It's a blind faith.

True spirituality should help person to appreciate the religion.  And true religion  should  orient person towards spiritual journey for achieving liberation, a permanent blissful state. 

Hari Om Tat Sat

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hi Ankit Ji,

In my opinion Spirituality is the natural outcome of the proper practise of religion.

I think for most adherents the transition from religion to spirituality happens when they start building a genuine one to one connection with the Supreme without any intermediary in between like a priest or a family elder. As Swamiji has mentioned in the past, this relationship with the Supreme has to be built and nurtured with sustained effort and patience. Relationships that are like fireworks will disappear quickly just like fireworks. 

Keeping this in mind, a balance can be found by understanding the two as stages of a life journey with one stage leading to the other with proper and sustained practise. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The balance comes when people implement spiritual virtues into their lives, remain flexible and just performing their religious acts humbly. 

Spirituality consists of being kind, aware, self-aware, compassionate, humble and forgiving etc. And one can never go to extremes when it comes to real spirituality because we can never be too kind, too loving and too compassionate:)

Religion consists of a framework, which helps in connecting with God, who has a form, our anchor which empowers us and which we can fall back on during tough times. 

And I believe both are inner journeys, so just assign some time to both and implement spirituality in each moment, perhaps:)

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *