How does one schedule one's daily spiritual practices?

I need guidance on how exactly to carry out one's spiritual practices on a daily basis.

I do know that every person will have his/ her own schedule and the "one size fits all" approach will certainly not apply here but I would really like you all to share if it is not intensely personal 🙏!

Have been trying but failing to keep it regular and sustained (without derailing at the slightest excuse).

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Ideally, this is what I used to do for quiet long ( for several years) and then I suffered a Stroke? ... So now continue with non-physical activities but will soon re-start:

AM

- wake up at 4 am and reach park by around 4:20 am and 10 minutes slow walk - 30 minutes plus meditation - 20 minutes stretching exercises - 20 minutes fast walk - 45 minutes plus breathing exercises ( bhastrika - kapal bharti - aulom vilom) 

..... Have patience.... The spiritual part follows.... As I believe the above is a little more or equally important ... If u want to do the below.... 

PM

- 30 minutes meditation - shiva chant - krishan chamt - time permitting other chants - vishnu sahasranama recital - lalitha sahasranama recital - om swami aarti - sleep

.... All this after my visit to the Ashram and Swamiji's blessings! 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Start and end your day as recommended in The Ancient Science of Mantras:

DAILY DUTIES OF AN ADEPT
On the path of mantra sadhana, there are three types of actions for an adept. They are called nitya karma (daily duties), naimatik karma (targeted duties) and kamya prayoga (application).
Daily Duties (Nitya Karma)
Think of daily duties or nitya karma as an employee going to work every day to mark his presence. For an employee to remain up to date with what’s happening in the company, to stay in touch with his colleagues, and to work in line with the vision of the organization, he is expected to show up at the workplace (even if he works from home on some days). In other words, he must stay in touch with the employer throughout his employment.
Nitya karma is something like that. An adept continues to abide by a daily routine to build on the siddhis acquired by intense practice or to simply maintain them. Practicing nitya karma helps both aspirants and adepts alike to build mindfulness. Daily duties (covered in this chapter) act as subtle constant reminders in the life of a practitioner to stay the course and not lose sight of what he stands for. In the olden days, a guru might ask his disciple to follow his daily duties unfailingly for anywhere between seven and twelve years before he would impart the instructions on how to invoke the mantra (purushcharana), which is a type of targeted action (naimatik karma).

(for the details on below read the book)
1. Waking up: Meditate on Guru and pray to the lord

2. Take a few sips of water with your mantra and visualization

3. Bathe starting with the given mudra and shloka

4. Enter pooja room with astra mantra, light the lamp, show the specified mudras (handlocks) and do your japa/dhyana

5. Say grace before taking food: using the shlokas given, or in your own words

6. ... read in detail in the book

PS. you may wish to fix a time for the most important meeting of your day, and attend it every day.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *