Is it advisable for a seeker to stay away from browsing through daily news websites ?

Every other article is touched with negativity and feeds the senses with insensitive happenings. Should one become indifferent and just browse through or simply avoid reading news once and for all.....

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Not just a seeker, I’d advise anyone to stay away from browsing the news etc. The more we fill the mind with stuff, the more restless it becomes. And if it gets filled with negativity it ain’t a nice feeling:)

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Yes, and instead find publications that share inspiring life stories and constructive stories. Same with watching the news on TV.  It is just filled we so much evocative stuff, that I would suggest not watching it.

Show 2 comments

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I stopped watching the news a while back and it has significantly improved my mental state. 

Keep in mind that whatever is consumed, someone is making money off of it. The cycle of negativity keeps the audience addicted. Even small doses of positivity such as video “shorts” keep people glued to their screens. 

if the news (or anything else for that matter), isn’t enriching you life, try not to give it attention. ❤️

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Even before starting my spiritual journey, i had discontinued watching news channels. 

I believe that we should be just informed, not saturated with information. 

Infact, it helped in quality time i could spend at home instead of experiencing anxiety, unnecessarily. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Same here. I too have stopped watching news since last 2 years. Otherwise i was a news buff. It only increases the trash in our memories which we would eventually have to empty it somewhere. Which could be our families or colleagues or friends. Off late i have bewn watching lots of videos of spiritual gurus. And it only generates positivity and calmness. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *