Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition?

Is suffering a necessary part of the human condition?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Suffering occurs when we are unable to accept certain things happening to us in life. No suffering happens in dreams – there could be pain or fear, but no suffering. This is because we don't analyze events while in dream; we just live through it. The same way, if we can live through the dream of life, without analysis of the seemingly unacceptable parts, we wouldn't experience suffering.

prolong disciplined Meditation helps us in reaching a state of awareness wherein one can drop thoughts at will. NO, this isn't the final state, much before that. You'll remain largely happy in the midst of most circumstances. Even if things don't work out the way you expected them to be, you'll have the anchor to latch on to, that's your meditative awareness. You can stop analysis at will, there remains the voice of the discontented mind, but the chatter mostly ceases and even the voice can be stopped with a simple refocusing on the meditative awareness (available to you in all circumstances – standing, sitting, lying, walking).

IF you don't stop, you can reach to greater heights of awareness, which Swamiji has described here (beyond stage 5).

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Jai Sri Hari Divyansh Ji,

My adoration to the Divine in you!

I read your article Who Are We? ( https://os.me/short-stories/who-are-we/). I am not sure why this question arrived in you when you have already answered it in your blog, my love? Isn't your question contradictory to your own blog?

It is so beautiful and profound, that you are aware of the truth (Sthula, Sukhsma, Karan Sharira). Mind and body are not you. You (humans) are a blissful Consciousness, that never suffers.

If you are thinking of other humans who think they are suffering, the only answer is "Ignorance".

I hope this helps.

Sending all my love and respect. 🌹🙏❤️

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hi Divyansh, As Swamiji has always mentioned that pain is inevitable but suffering is definitely avoidable..How ? By changing our perspective that challenges we face in our life  can be seen as an opportunity for growth emotionally and spiritually...If we integrate our learnings from our challenges we face and rise above it then our soul quality improves and our consciousness expands...Our Soul uses contrast in this earth realm for its growth and evolution. But some people who cant see this , may fall into depression due to negative thoughts and fears that might arise due to challenging situations.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *