Is there any 'mantra' on which purushcharana could be started right away in accordance with scriptures?

I am curious to know about any mantra-purushcharana which could be started from any given day of the year, unlike Gayatri Sadhana or Guru sadhana and others, which could be started only from a specific day (i.e. full moon, new moon and so on)? 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Om Namah Shivaya. 🔱 It's a highly potent mantra, and you can start chanting it at any time. It sounds super simple and common, but I got a Divine Vision of Lord Shiva by chanting this mantra a ton of times. 🙏🏼

Also, you should pick a mantra based on what you wish to achieve. If you have a purpose in mind, then you have to follow the rules of the mantra. However, if you don't have any purpose in mind besides the Divine, then any mantra will work.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Jai Shri Hari!

One can start chanting name of God at any time and from any given day of the year whereas one has to start mantra-puruscharana in a muhrat (auspicious time) for good results. Muhrat can be checked from any good panchang. I always consult Shri Martand Panchang before starting a puruscharana. These muhrats are date and time bound. e.g. 1. From sunrise of 20.11.21 to sunrise of 21.11.21 is good time.  2. Upto 18.11.21 is auspicious time for starting chanting of any tantric mantra.

For calculating super auspicious time I charged. 😉

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Yes, there's a mantra of Mahakali. It is the mantra of 7 day long Vamachar Sadhana from Brihad Nila Tantra (Which I haven't read, downloaded it once but it was completely Sanskrit). One paragraph from the English translation of that chapter which has that mantra is, "In this matter, purification of mind and determination as to defects or enmity in a mantra are unnecessary. In sadhana with this great mantra, there are no restrictions as to time, nor day, lunar mansion or obstacles caused by lunar mansions and so forth. Nor in Mahakali’s sadhana is it necessary to consider guru."

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *