Number of days recommended for any Sadhana

1. What is the minimum number of days recommended for any sadhana (The least possible number of days).

2. Do ladies need to have a head bath every day for the entire sadhana period as managing wet hair becomes a little difficult on cold days, especially without a hair dryer.

Thank you.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

The Sadhana app gives you the minimum number of days to do each Sadhana. For example Durga Sadhana has minimum 9 days, it can vary from Sadhana to Sadhana. 

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

1. You can do 7, 11, 21, 41. But I think 7 is the bare minimum one can do.

2. For this, I think yes, that is recommended to do but if it is difficult to do due to time constraints then you can do what is best suited.

But the key here is : Your Sincerity.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Suchali Ji

1. I follow Sadhana app to understand min days of any Sadhana where it's mentioned the minimum days of Sadhana to be done and min days are different  for each  Sadhana .

2. I don't follow it. Any reason which stops me to do Sadhana, I don't follow that reason. In the past, I have wasted many days thinking only oh I can't do because of this, that and all. Not anymore. 

When you follow the path, at times you get clues what to follow and what not to.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Suchali ji, in the sadhana app the counter is preset with a minimum no. of days...if you try to put in a no. lesser than that then it won't accept. Also, the number of recommended days is usually given in the description of the sadhana (you can click on the "i" button displayed on the icon of the sadhana to read the description).

About, the bathing, if you cannot bathe then just wash your face and wear fresh clothes before sitting for the sadhana. You can also utter this purification mantra that Swamiji invokes at the starting of everyday during a sadhana : "Apavitrah pavitrovā sarvāvasthān gatopī va yah smaret pundarikāksham sabāhyābhyantara shuchih" (ā denotes a long "a" sound like "aa."

Lastly, I agree with Roopa ji, doing a sadhana in whichever way is convenient for you is much better than not doing a sadhana at all because of trivial rituals or rules. I remember Swami ji saying something along the same lines as well.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Dear Suchali,

When it comes to the Sadhana App, there is only one rule: Devotion and love.

You can do any sadhana for any number of days, even 3days. Though at least 7 days may be a bit wiser:)

It does recommend the minimum number of days yes but also adds that you can do it over a shorter period of time as per your convenience. And the impact is also powerful!

And the hair washing, as I said, do what is convenient to you and gives you peace of mind! I don't think you have to wash long hair everyday. If you read Zack's latest post it might help get an insight about the flexibility of the App.

Lots of love to you!❤

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *