Questions about The Kundalini course on os.me

Hello!

As suggested by a few kind seekers in my previous post, I have started reading Swamiji's book - Kundalini- an untold story. It is unputdownable and I am close to finishing it as well. The effects of kundalini awakening are truly spectacular, as described therein. 
However, I wish to intensify the practice by learning through the Kundalini meditation course on os.me. To be honest, I've also read articles and watched videos stating that Kundalini meditation HAS to have a Guru in front of you, and no book can teach it. If done without a physical Guru, it can be disastrous. The effects of improper Kundalini awakening can destroy a person's life. I don't wish to take names, but many popular YouTube channels state the same. I need to wait for my salary to be able to afford the course anyways. I would love to get some inputs from seekers who have walked the path that's mentioned in the course and if they have had any disastrous experiences. 

Peace.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Hi Niahr,

Good luck on your path 🙏  I think a lot of the videos available on YouTube about Kundalini are fake. People want views and the want to scare people into paying money for initiation,  or something along those lines. My experience is that you walk yourself along the path and go through the fire by choice.

Yes, this path will transform you and it will be painful, but you would just need to stop the practices if it ever got too intense.

After sometime of walking the path, you would yearn for more fire because that is what transforms you.

The path Swamiji has laid out is designed to gradually awaken your energies, so nothing feels abrupt.  You'll be totally fine if you follow the Kundalini course.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I took Om Swami ji's on-line kundalini  course recently and it is wonderful. The book by Om Swami ji gives a good general background about the kundalini, the course gives specific practices to follow. We are not supposed to disclose the details of the practices, so I wont do that. Suffice it to say that they really work and Om Swami ji has held nothing back, except , as he mentions, maybe some very secret tantric practices.

The course is definitely worth taking; a sincere practitioner will gain a lot from it.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

It's not that awakening of Kundalini poses a risk to the seeker; it's the wrong hatha yoga practices, that one may do without guidance, in hope of quickly awakening the primordial force, that can harm the seeker.

For instance, if you do anulom-vilom breathing practice with kumbak (holding the breath), without having mastered your posture first, it'll damage your nervous system; Swamiji has talked about it. So, you may then think it's Kundalini doing the damage while it was wrong practice of breathing that did it.

You can awaken Kundalini by just pure meditation and living a life with virtues of compassion and truthfulness (the book is more on this line). However, with some guided tantrik practices, you can speed it up as taught by Swamiji in the course.

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hi Nihar Ji, 

Happy to see, You wish to start the kundalini journey. 
My sincere suggestion is - It is good to restrict yourself to Swamiji's Kundalini virtual retreat and the book at least in the beginning years. restrict yourself not looking for any Kundalini videos online because almost are fake.

Swamiji has mentioned in the course,  do not go with any hearsay about kundalini believe your guru in my case Swamiji and tread the path. eventually, you will see the results. hope you already knew, Kundalini sadhana needs a lot of patience - it's a slow and study path to tread. 

'yashch ji'  and 'Sona Om ji' has written a good amount of posts on this topic. 

I wish you all the best. 

Om Narayani Namostute. 

Regards: 

Keerthi

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Hello,

Not all videos are fake on YouTube, but yes, most are and that too with incomplete information, which is very dangerous in case of powerful practise like kundalini sadhana.  There is nobody like swamiji in this world, leave YouTube. Having said that, there has been millions of instances of sudden kundalini activations due to any trauma, may be physical or mental, near death experiences, psychedelic drugs like magic mushrooms can bring the serpant head up in muladhara chakra. If someone tries forceful pelvic mulbandh asan or pelvic contractions, that can also activate the serpent energy/Shakti. Sometimes intense meditations/sadhana/chanting of certain beej mantras can also shake the energy to get activated. But activation doesn't mean the full blown experience. 

But it's better if it's not done forcefully and that too without any guidance of a Guru, else it is similar to plugging a 240v device to 11k v socket. It will turn your life upside down. Its best to follow each and every guidelines by swamiji as it is without changing anything. My idea is not to demotivate you, just telling you to the T&C before you embark on this journey. I am telling you all from my personal experience. Hope it helps🙏🔱.

Regards.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Can you quote references from the book so that I can buy the book?

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *