What external aids do you utilise to fill your void?

What healthy and unhealthy stimulus do you introduce to your mind to fill the void? 

Swamiji says in one of the discourses, that stimulus drains our energy, yet due to lack of inner fulfillment we tend to fill our void with external objects. 

Some people who are rather productive use healthy aids to fill the void which usually aligns with their Dharma, and sometimes we take the unhealthy aid. 

Please share your opinions and ideas. 

Thank you. 

All Glories to our Beloved Bhagwan who is filling our voids with His infinite Grace and love ❤️

8 Answers

Satsangha. Sharing spiritual reflections with like minded people reinforces powerfully the ancient truth that is encapsulated in the  following verses.

Om purnamadah purnamidam purnat purnamudachyate purnasya purnamadaya purnamevavashisyate Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaanti.” Meaning: ”What is visible is the infinite. What is invisible is also the infinite. Out of the Infinite Being the finite has come, yet being infinite, only infinite remains

1. Food

2. Social media

3. Friends

4. Family

5. Sleep

yep! In that order🤣🤣

Hello, Jai Sri Hari!  The external aids that I have to use is Psychiatric medicines for now. The positive external aid I use is keeping "HOPE". Hope from Swamiji and Sri Hari Bhgvan ji's presence. Hope that one day I'll taper off from these medicines and my brain will naturally make the necessary chemicals. Hope that one day I'll be able to walk the spiritual path full fledged. So Hope and help write now to fill whatever is naturally lacking is what I am doing right now. Hope...I make sense according to the question. 🙂 😀 

Live a life of balance, will avoid all voids. You may like to please your mind by reading this post on similar lines.

https://os.me/short-stories/wake-up-call/

Jai Sri Hari 🙏

Hi Krittika,

Nice question. You see the void of the mind can never be filled via external means. So whatever we try to fill it with from the outside will never be enough.

The best way to feel fulfilled is to invest our energy into something creative. For me, I feel fulfilled if I can help others and be kind. When I do this the mind has less energy to be negative and feel a void.

Finding your connection with your own self, either through music, dance etc can also help.

If you are seeking this answer for yourself then I would suggest that you try to think back to your childhood and find out what you enjoyed as a hobby. How did you spend your time? Did you play teacher? Or maybe you enjoyed fashion or drawing? Once you figure that out, if you start doing that again, fulfilment will be a natural outcome.

My external Aid is weight lifting and books and my work, passionate about all three of those 😛

But truth be told, they are just a means of utilising my time, keeping myself strong and well read and paying by bills.

By his grace there is no void as such, not anymore ❤️ 

Food, internet, tv, cleaning are the void fillers,

every other activity is passion,

reading is both.

I pack it with Hari Om chanting....

Related Posts

1 year ago

A Beetle’s Life

What's the story of your life?

1 year ago

Surya Namaskar

The technique that manifested my innermost desire

2y ago

A Story of Solitude

Traveling to find the soul of the world

Let go and breathe in the real you

Join the kindest community, where personal failures & victories are celebrated and inspiration & happiness is shared

EXPLORE View All