What is that memory with Shiva that you'll never forget?

It's month savan. Everywhere you can see people worshipping Shiva. Even those who don't do pooja whole year, they can be seen fasting in this time... I don't know what has been their experience with Shiva but I know here os.me most of the people have experienced Shiva in different forms. What was your memory with Shiva?

(Since childhood I love him so I have a lot of memories.)

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

This was in August 2019.

I was in Kedarnath Ji on 5th August 2019, The ocassion of Naag Panchami, Monday of the holy Shraavan Month.

I was inside Bhagwan Kedarnath's Temple (sitting just outside the Garbha Griha), Chanting Lalita Sahasranama.

When I completed my chanting of Lalita Sahasranama, I got up and stepped inside the Garbha Griha (Sanctum Sanctorum).

Time was around 10-11 AM and there was not even a single person inside at that time because very few people visit in the monsoon season plus I am being lazy as usual, Got up late in the morning when everyone else already did their puja till that time (Sometimes it is good to be lazy :))

There was Just a group of Sadhus (Saints) which arrived just few minutes before and when I was entering the Garbha Griha they welcomed me, this was an amazing feeling truly, A nobody like me and those saints inviting me inside after they saw me with gangajal, brahm kamal, bel patra, I felt like after reading Lalita Sahasranama, Bhagwan Shiva himself was inviting me inside.

I offered the water of Maa Mandakini on the Bhagwan Kedarnath's Shivling then offered a Brahm Kamal on the Shivling (Lotus which grows in the upper Himalayan region) then offered the Bel Patra and then applied the Ghee (Clarified butter) with my own hands and at my own speed and spread my hands all around the Shivling like I was giving a hug to Bhagwan Shiva, touched the Shivling with my forehead, like I was touching the feet of Bhgwan Shiva and at that time just I was there with those sadhus and they were chanting the mantras/stutis and one of them even helped me.

After that there was a women in that group, I touched her feet (this thought popped all of a sudden in my mind that just touch her feet) and she gave me her blessings.

Believe me, I swear, There are just two moments which I can't forget even if I want.

Second is, When I was in Badrinath Ji, It was the night time, Like 9 PM, I was just sitting near the Sage Narada Kunda, situated on the banks of Maa Alaknanda, Just below Bhagwan Badrinath's temple and I was chanting Lalita Sahasranama there.

There are some more moments like this in my life but these two moments are so so attached to me that I can't forget them even if I want.

Sometimes I ask that Hey Bhagwan Hari-Har, Hey Maa, What I did that I was worthy of this grace?

If I look back at my current life, I can't find a single moment which is capable of giving me this grace. It is the sheer amount of love that is showered upon me by you.

Thank you, Thanks a lot Divine. Only my heart knows the love you gave me. My mind will never understand your grace.

Jai Bhagwan Badri, Jai Bhagwan Kedar.

Jai Shri Hari.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

I have written about the most life changing experience here - https://os.me/short-stories/my-spiritual-quest-10/  

Besides, one of the significant experience was when after getting up from intense day of meditation, I felt -"SHIVOHAM". When I started loosing myself to find him.

Har har Mahadev ❤️

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Every moment day and night we recall shiva name . He is in us 🙏🏻 Lord Shiva ! Lord Shiva ! Lord Shiva ! 🌸🌸.

God bless everyone 🌸🙏🏻 

Shiv shiv shambhu shambhu 🌸

Shiva mahadeva 🙏🏻

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

I wish I could choose one Abhishek ji, but  I can't 😛. Still if I have to, I will pickup one of the first ones. 

It was when i was doing my first sadhana in 2019, we formed a connection, it was a very comforting feeling. I asked him for a promise that he will never abandon me and he has kept his promise till date.

Show 1 comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *