Why i cant sit in meditation?my mind roams if i sit in meditation.please guide.

Why i cant sit in meditation?my mind roams if i sit in meditation.please guide.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

A restless body is a sign of a restless mind. But don’t worry it’s normal.

Based on what I learnt from Om Swami’s videos and posts, hold short 2mins sessions to begin with, maybe twice a day.

As He says, it is better to perfect 5mins first before increasing the length of our meditation session. Quality over quantity.

And when you find your mind roaming less, increase the duration slightly. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Commenting on os.me is limited to premium members to ensure genuine and positive discussions.  

Add a comment

Finish the book " The art of unwavering focus" By dandapani, after this book you will never ask this question again. 

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

You can't sit because your mind is roaming? I don't understand this.

You can't sit because your legs are hurting - improve posture. Om Swami has videos on this.  (I think it is called The Importance Of Posture in Meditation.)

You are already sitting, your mind is roaming - watch it roam! How long will it roam? It will get tired and sit down, soon enough.

The book, A Million Thoughts by Om Swami may be useful for you.

Jai Sri Hari.

🌸❤️🙏

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

Just be easy on yourself Sweta. It takes time and patience to still our monkey mind. Just keep doing what you can (short sessions of meditations help), and slowly and gradually over time... if you don't give up... you shall be able to mediate with more focus this I am sure of. All the best for your journey, sending good wishes your way 🙂

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

U r normal. Enjoy the fact.

Add a comment

Please to comment.

Add a comment

The community is here to help you with your spiritual discovery & progress. Be kind & truthful! Some pointers to get good answers:

Author Name

Author Email

Your question *