This page is frequently updated based on the queries we receive from you all. If still feel your questions remain unanswered, write to us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help!
FAQs – General
What is os.me Karma Program?
It is a point reward system at os.me for all interactions done by members. After a threshold, you will be able to encash your point rewards. You can read about the program in detail here.
Can anybody write a blog post on os.me?
To write a post on os.me you will have to sign up.
Who owns the copyright?
Your writings are fully owned by you, forever. At os.me, our editorial team sometimes would make grammatical corrections or optimize stories for search engine crawling but the copyright remains with you. You have full rights to the story, including your right to remove it from os.me if you choose to.
How much do I get paid for my writings?
Your earnings are dependent on os.me members who read and comment on your post. More engaging & inspirational stories usually generate more views and interactions. If your blogs are SEO friendly, you have a higher chance of more views on your blog.
Can non-members read my posts & write comments?
Yes, anyone visiting os.me can read up to 5 posts a month. They would need to upgrade to a paid membership to read more. Commenting on any post, however, is reserved for the paid members only. We have intentionally kept it like this to ensure quality interactions on the site.
Can I publish my posts elsewhere if I publish them on os.me?
Yes. As the author of your post, you have full rights to publish them anywhere you like.
FAQs – Withdrawal
Why the balance shown on my Withdrawal Form different than my Karma Earnings?
Your Karma Earnings are credited each month to your Earnings Account. These monthly earnings are debited whenever a withdrawal is made. Withdrawal Form shows your balance as per your current balance on your Earning Account. This could be different than your lifetime earnings due to withdrawals or dates. Remember that Karma Earnings are credited monthly, so sometimes you may need to wait for the monthly run for your Karma Earning Account to catch up with your Karma Statistics.
I have $100 of Lifetime Support and I have $120 in my Earning Details. So why can I not withdraw $220?
Your Earning Details include your Lifetime Support. Every month, we convert your Karma Stats to your Karma Earnings. In that process, your Support Earnings are also converted to Karma Earnings. In the example given, you would be able to withdraw $120 as that is your Karma Earnings Balance.
How can I know if my cash withdrawal request has been submitted successfully?
Once you see a confirmation message on your screen for your withdrawal request, that indicates that your withdrawal request was submitted successfully. In future, there would be email sent by the system to confirm withdrawal receipt.
Where will my cash withdrawal be credited?
You will need to have an active PayPal account registered under the same email address that you used to register for os.me membership. Your withdrawal can be deposited to your PayPal account only.
How much time will it take to credit my cash withdrawal?
It will take any time between 5 to 7 working days to fulfill your request. We are working on reducing this time to make the process more friendly.
FAQs – Support the Author
Will I be able to see which author I have supported in past?
Currently, your account dashboard would not show anything if you supported an author. It’s the author’s dashboard that would show how many $s of support, he/she has received.
Instead of withdrawing the cash, is there an option to use the money for other transactions on the blog, like buying or gifting memberships, support the authors/guides etc?
This new feature is still under development and soon you will be seeing some improved changes in it. Please stay tuned.
FAQs – Good Karma Points
I have still not understood the point system?
Your earnings are based on two key aspects:
1. Good Karma: calculated based on inspiration.
This means that every time you write a post, the number of views your writings/posts receive and interactions you indulge in –comments on other members’ posts, interactions with readers on your post, and every time your post is chosen for the Featured Posts section of os.me you get extra points.
2. Support: Any direct contributions given to you by the os.me members using the “Support This Author” button.
Will I be able to see instant results in my stats based on my interactions on os.me?
No. The individual account statistics are updated every 24 hours.
If one user comments on ten of my posts, will I receive 10 Good Karma points?
Yes, you will receive Good Karma points for all interactions made on your post by the community including comments, sharing of your post in social media or your post getting featured.
Will I be able to see instant earnings based on my Karma Points on os.me?
No. The individual account earnings are updated every month in the first week of the month. That is when your Karma Statistics are converted to Karma Earnings.
Why are my earnings not showing correctly? I have more balance in Lifetime Support than what is showing under Earnings Details.
“Lifetime Support” shows the actual amount of support you have received. “Earnings Details” contains your monthly account balance that you can withdraw. Earning Details are generated in the first week of every month.
Earnings from your “Lifetime Support” are added to your earning details after deducting the Transaction Fee. Transaction fee is the fee paid to our payment provider, other service providers such as bank. Hence, it is possible that your “Lifetime Support” received would be higher than “Earnings Details”.
How are my Karma Points converted to Karma Earnings?
Karma Points are converted to Karma Earnings based on a conversion rate calculated each month. It’s a dynamic conversion rate calculated based on a number of factors including total Karma activity on the website & total revenue from membership & course sales.
Etiquette to follow on os.me for Good Karma
- Use proper grammar and spelling in writing blog posts and comments. Read over your post or comment for mistakes before hitting the publish button. Good Karma is in giving a great reading experience.
- Read the posts before commenting on it. Think twice about how your comment is going to impact the community. Remember you represent the community.
- Remember that you are here for Good Karma. Please don’t request for interactions in exchange for gifts or points. It will dilute the ecosystem of os.me and your credibility.
- Gain Good Karma by thoughtfully writing comments. Remember you are empowered and with great power comes great responsibility. Phrases such as “nice”, “awesome blog”, and “just inspirational!” are not constructive, original, or add value to the interactions.
- If you intend to write a blog in a different language, use the respective language for publishing the blog or comment. Use the English language to write a post in English only.
- Feel free to post links to your own content (if you have an independent website for business). But if that’s all you ever post, take a deep breath. Is this going to accumulate Good Karma for you? Am I spamming or justifying the minutes the reader is taking out to read my content? A widely used rule of thumb is the 9:1 ratio, i.e. only 1 out of every 10 of your posts (or comments that include a link to your website) should be your own website/business content.