Bangalore. Jan 11 – 12. English.
330 spots left.
Delhi Camp. Jan 18 – 19, 2020. Hindi.
300 spots left.
It was quite a learning for me when I shared the possibility of this event with a group of people in the ashram. Everyone seemed eager, and yet, there were some curious questions lingering in many minds.
I invite you to join me for two days of fun and learning.
I knew if I ever did a retreat on tantra, it would be a controversial affair (not to mention the tedious task of vetting the right candidates) because most of us around have strong opinions on spiritual and religious matters. What I hadn’t realized was that there would be resistance if I decided to do an event on astrology. For all the right reasons though. As soon as I announced my intention to hold a two-day event on the subject, many loved ones around me wondered, and questioned the rationale behind the very idea. Particularly, when I have been vocal and critical about my views on astrology.
I have spoken here and here why I believe that astrology doesn’t really predict or change the course of your life. After studying all the major and classical texts on astrology, after learning and practicing it for years, I even turned my own horoscope to ashes (I wrote about it in my memoir). The only reason I had that courage was because I understood the art and (quasi) science of astrology. I feel it would do anyone good to know the theory and practice of astrology. In fact, your knowledge of Sanatana dharma is incomplete without an understanding of astrology. After all, astrology is vedanga, one of the six limbs of the Vedic tradition. Vedas and puranas are replete with hymns of these stars.
Why this event
The first time I had the idea of a camp on astrology was when I was writing my post on Kartika Sadhana. As I scribbled the strength and weakness of the sun in the zodiac, I thought wouldn’t it be nice if you knew how to read the panchangam and your own horoscope? Would that not better equip you to segregate the myths from the truth in the mystical world of astrology? Over the past nine years, at least twenty percent of the queries by seekers have been around black magic, astrology, vastu, feng shui, tarot, and numerology etc. What if you knew the truth yourself? Astrology is a vidya anyone should be able to learn and not be limited to a few astrologers, most of whom practice it for a living and therefore carry an inherent bias.
My view is if I can share with you the framework of astrology and remove the veil of mystique that surrounds it, you will then be empowered in unimaginable ways. The various aspects of astrology and irresponsible (or covert) remarks by astrologers will never be able to strike fear in your heart. You will know why in the grand scheme of things, the awakened seeker doesn’t rely on astrology to make practical choices in life. I thought, why not turn you into an astrologer so you can see it for yourself?
I never consulted astrology to name my businesses or find out if things would work out or find suitable dates and times or do any astrological analysis of any kind. I just believed in the power of hard work and persistence. And of course, grace.
I wish to empower you with the knowledge of astrology so you may rise above it based on your own understanding.
What will you learn
There will be eight hours of discourses plus two hours of Q & A in two days during which, you will learn, how to:
- Read and interpret a horoscope.
- Read and use the panchangam. (I consult the panchangam for all my sadhanas).
- Gather and understand the planetary positions in the context of your zodiac.
- Find out various dashas, interpret them and the truth of shani’s sadesati or dhaiya.
- Know the truth of manglik, kala-sarpa and other so-called “doshas”.
- Analyze and predict various charts in astrology (and why it doesn’t really matter).
- The truth of gemstones and other upayas (remedies).
- The science beyond astrology.
I will also cover a brief history of astrology and why all the seers and sages of the past practiced it. I will touch upon astrology’s place in the Vedic tradition. But, mostly, my goal is that by the time you finish this course you will have enough (though basic) understanding of this science to read and interpret astrological charts. It will only be Vedic astrology and the charts will be drawn in the north Indian style.
The essence of what I learned working as an assistant (while growing up) to an astrologer and my own years of study (and practice), I’ll be imparting in two days.
- Bangalore camp. Jan 11 – 12, 2020. Only in English.
- Delhi camp. Jan 18 – 19, 2020. Only in Hindi.
- Virtual access to these camps can be purchased separately. It will be available for viewing from 1-Mar, 2020. You will have access for two years and be able to view the camp at your own pace.
- There are limited spots for the Delhi and Bangalore camps. All spots are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- We are unable to issue any refunds. So, please think through before booking your spot(s).
- There will be a similar event in the ashram in
AprilNov 2020 in Hindi. This is FYI so if you wish to book in that instead, you’ll be able to do so once it’s announced in Feb 2020.
- Soon, this blog will have the free option to make and print your own horoscope. You’ll need to print your horoscope from here in advance and have it handy because in the actual event, I’ll be showing you how to read your horoscope, so everyone will need to have it printed in the same format.
- For any questions regarding this event, please email the team at email@example.com.
- I will need you to take the pledge of truth before the event saying you will not use this knowledge to misguide anyone or create fear in other people. (It’s going to be a serious and binding moral contract).
- See the event you are interested in attending from the table below.
- Enter the number of spots you would like to book in the quantity field. (The payment button will be visible once you enter the quantity.)
- Choose if you would like virtual access as well for later viewing.
- Scroll down to review your order.
- Click on the Place order button and wait for a few seconds for the payment box to appear.
- Finish the payment. All Indian cards (incl RuPay) and international cards accepted. Netbanking too.
- Your spot is confirmed once the payment is through.
- We’ll email you the venue and other relevant details by 15-Dec.
- Please remember, there are no refunds or adjustments towards any other event.
Select Your Camp