On my birthday, I tried a new recipe ‘Healthy samosas’ which neither contained maida (refined floor) nor potatoes in filling. It was healthy, nutritive and delicious. Everybody liked it very much so I decided to share this recipe with you.
Wheat floor – 100g
Grinded Bengal gram floor/ Besan – 50g
Mustard oil – 2 table spoon
Salt to taste
Grated cheese – 100g
Grated cauliflower – 100g
Boiled peas – 40g
Boiled chopped beans – 20g
Boiled chopped carrot – 30g
Boiled sweet corn – 50g
Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
Chopped green chilly – 1 or 2
Mustard oil – 1 table spoon
Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander – 1 tablespoon
1. Sieve wheat floor and besan. Mix them well. Add salt and warm mustard oil to it.
2. Kneed the dough with warm water. Keep the dough on one side and cover it with a wet piece of cloth.
3. For preparing filling, take a pan and put it on fire.
4. Add oil. When it is heated add cumin seeds and grated ginger.
5. Add grated cheese and cauliflower to it.
6. Stir it. Add turmeric powder, black pepper and coriander powder to it.
7. Add boiled vegetables to it.
8. Add salt and stir it gently.
9. Remove from fire and allow it to cool down. Garnish it with coriander.
10. Make small balls out of the dough.
11. Roll them with the help of rolling pin.
12. Make them thin and cut them in half.
13. Apply the water with a help of finger on one side which is cut.
14. Fold it to make a cup and join the wet side of the layer.
15. Fill the cup with vegetable fillings.
16. Apply the water on the edge of cup and closed the lid gently.
17. Make all the samosas.
18. Apply oil on the tray as well as brush the samosas with oil.
19. Grilled them for 10 minutes.
20. Turn them and grilled them on the other side as well.
21. Serve them hot with green chutney or ketchup.
You can even try this recipe in air fryer. 🙂