When I was small, my goal was to become a scientist. Later, I decided to be a physicist. I was fond of reading theories out of my course. I even wanted to get Noble Prize 😅which I am no longer interested in (side effect of meditation).
Here are some of the funny (and tragic) incidents of my scientific pursuits :
- When we were in 5th or 6th class, some of the boys (including me) discovered a new way of show off 😉. We would bring a motor procured from old toy car and a cell and would connect that in class. We could run motor! Not everyone could do that! We thought ourselves to be great scientists 😅.
- In 7th class, one of my friends brought a magnifying lens to school. I was very curious. So, I pierced my left thumb with the help something pointed to get a few drops of blood 😛! I wanted to see my blood zoomed😅! (Did you say -crazy!)
- One of the most common projects in science model making at school was volcano (other being wind mill. Tell me, what did you make?). Once I made one at home (not for school) using cough syrup bottle and surrounding it with cement. When I erupted… I mean when I made that volcano erupt by adding vinegar and backing soda, whole room was filled with disgusting foul smell 😅. Don’t do this at home, it smells very baaaaad.
- Do you remember that advertisement of Idea some in which the boy builds a drone? When I saw that adv. I also thought to make drone. I tried to stick two heavy motors on a stick along with a cell.🤦
- One day, I took a small light (neon bulb) taken out from old toy car, plugged it into socket, tapped the switch ON. Any guesses what happened? It shot straight like a mini bullet 😛.
- This is the best one. Once, I thought that this motor runs very slow. So I took that motor, connected two wires to it, plugged it into socket, switch ON and then ……… BOOOM. It blasted 😅😛 and the MCB tripped 😅(we use to say it dp down go gayi). I got nice scolding from mother. My mother took away all that scrap and told me that she had thrown it out. However, I found that in home after a few months.😉
So, these were some stories from the life of this fool.
P.S. Jokes aside, I am not an April’s fool because I was born in May😛!