I love to experiments with food. This time I give a twist to appam. The recipe is as follows:-
Rice flour – 1 cup
Sour Buttermilk – 2 cups
Thyme – 1/4 teaspoon
Roasmary – 1/4 teaspoon
Oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
Fresh Basil leaves – 7-8
Salt to taste
Mustard oil -2-3 tablespoon
1. Mix rice floor and buttermilk very slow so that the lumps are not formed.
2. Keep it aside for 2 hours.
3. Add the spices, salt and chopped basil leaves. Mix them thoroughly.
4. Pour small amount of oil on heated flat tawa and spread it on whole tawa with a help of a wet cloth.
5. Pour the batter on the tawa and spread it very gentle with the back of katori or tablespoon.
6. Cook it on low or medium flame than turn it.
7. Pour some oil on the tawa on sides of appam. Let it cook.
8. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.