I love to eat bread rolls with potato fillings. The deep fried bread rolls are too oily and heavy. The potato is also not so healthy option for filling. So I try a healthy version of bread rolls with very less oil and with cheese and vegetable fillings. Here is the recipe for you.
Bread – 10 slices
Oil – For rubbing on the tray
Milk – For soaking bread
Grated cheese – 150g
Boiled peas – 100g
Boiled chopped carrot – 1 small
Grated ginger – 25g
Grated cauliflower – 1-2 floret
Boiled beans – 25g
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 15- 20 seeds
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Chopped green chilli – 1
Chopped coriander leaves – 15g
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in pan. Add cumin seeds and grated ginger in it.
2. Add turmeric powder and coriander powder to it. Stir it and quickly add boiled peas, carrot, beans, chili and grated cauliflower to it.
3. Cook it for 2-3 minutes and then add grated cheese to it.
4. Add salt and black pepper to it.
5. Remove from fire and garnish it with coriander leaves.
6. Boiled corn and other boiled vegetables can be added according to one’s liking.
7. Soak the bread in milk. Do not leave it longer in the milk.
8. Quickly remove it from milk, press it between the palms.
9. Put the mixture on it.
10. Roll it into the balls.
11. Apply oil on the tray. Put the bread rolls on it keeping a little space in between them.
12. Grilled in for 15 minutes. If you want to make it more crispy then take out the tray and turn the rolls and again grilled it for 15 minutes.
13. Serve them hot with ketchup.
You can even try this recipe in air fryer.