As I turned 23 last month (Still can’t believe it ! ) I looked back and reflected upon how far along I have come and how far I still have to go. But yes, spirituality did play a major role in retaining and balancing my utter peace of mind. I would have probably drowned in the storm without it.
- I believe that the early twenties is a really crucial period, It’s like the infanthood of adulthood. Your adulthood will be defined by the grind, the efforts, the company you put in during your youth.
- You don’t have to stay motivated, you just have to stay consistent. If you don’t feel like doing it, do it anyway!
- If someone took you for granted, disrespected you, wronged you, It doesn’t say anything about you but a lot about them. A compassionate person who is content himself will never end up hurting someone else . So, if you do hold a grudge against someone, try to feel sorry for them, they must have been suffering themselves.
- It’s okay if it was you who was mean to others, we are humans are we are allowed to make mistakes, call them up and tell them that you are sorry. It hurts me when people of my age call their friends/ partners toxic. It’s a very strong and degrading word that I now avoid using for anyone. Most people aren’t toxic on purpose they just don’t think about it from other’s perspective.
- I realized that there are no free lunches on the table of nature, If you have worked hard for something you will get paid for it sooner or later. On the other hand if you have got something you didn’t deserve, It came with a price that you will end up paying anyhow.
- Your parents, a bunch of selected friends and God (Guru) are the only ones you can truly count on.
- God might be a ‘who’ to some and ‘what’ to others, but the energy that we call ‘God’ does exist and if you have got an unshakable faith in it, you can literally face anything and everything life throws at you. You might lose balance for a while but you will be back on track in no time.
- The best way to love someone is to make them feel at ease and the best way to receive someone’s love is to let them love you in their own way.
- Devotion is the most beautiful feeling in the entire existence. It might be to a cause, a deity, a person. But if it’s true, it will change you forever. You will get high on something that’s better than drugs.
- Time will pass, we’ll develop wrinkles, our memory will start fading and slowly we will perish. Time will pass anyway, the goal should be to do something worthwhile with it!
At 23, I am so much in Love and deeply content. It’s only because of your grace !
Har Har Mahadev.