19 years ago, 1 May 2002, 5:55 a.m, I cried for the first time. Yes, you guessed it right. But this year, it is special- 1.)I am here 2.)According to panchang tithi, 1 May 2002 was on Vaishakh Krishna paksh 5 and this year again today on 1 May it is Vaishakh Krishna paksh 5. This does not happen every year. (However, I am a boring type of person who is not excited by b’day)
I wanted to write about my spiritual journey but I had hesitations. Then some days ago, out of blue, Meera maa asked me to write about how my interest in spirituality grew. Hence this series.
Before I begin, I want to thank all those Yogis, Gurus, etc who have played a significant role in this journey. The following people have played the role of a Guru, some knowingly and some other unknowingly, in this journey. They have given me guru vakyas, hints, instructions, knowledge, and some have been a trigger. Essentially, only Shiva and Ma are my Guru. The follwing people are the ones through whom which they have guided me. To be impartial, I have tried to arrange the list of gurus approximately in chronological order, in the order in which they entered my life. I am grateful for them for influencing my life :
- My mother. (In strange ways)
- Warriors and Superheroes. I wrote a separate post about it. I forgot to mention some warriors in it – Hanuman, Veerabhadra, Bhairav. If you want, you can read it here.
- The main list of Gurus/Guides/Who gave me directions (Italics means major impact) : Mother Nature, Krishna Dwaipayan Vyas (you know he wrote 18 Puranas and is known as ved vyas bcoz he systemized the vedas), Krishna, Goswami Tulsidas, Swami Ramdev, My Bestie, Swami Vivekananda, Chanakya, Ghanshyam Uncle, Pt. Vijayshankar Mehta, Lyam Thomas Christopher, Ma Vanamali, R. Venugopalan, Paramhansa Yogananda, Adi Shankaracharya, Pt. Suresh Pandey, Swami Sivananda Saraswati, The Aghori Baba (I will discuss about him in series), Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Sir John Woodroffe Arthur Avalon, Mike Magee, Pt. Somnath Sharma, Om Swami, Swami Muktibodhananda, Swami Sivapriyananda, Giri Bapu, A. L. Bhagwat, Ramākānta Āṅgirasa Vasugupta, Mahendra Joshi, Swami Ramakrishna Paramhansa, Swami Ramdas, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Swami Satyasangananda Saraswati, Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati, Avdhoot Baba Shivananda, Osho, Ma Ananda Sarita, Swami Ananda Geho, V. Ravi, Brijnaari Sumi, Aghori Vimalanada, Robert E Svoboda, Kaulantak Nath Siddha Ishaputra, Supriya Didi, Kimisha (just a 3yr old toddler, devi in her form came on Mahashivratri!).
- I can’t thank enough the internet and websites such as archive.org, ebooks777.com, medium.org, vedpuran.com, vignanam.org, greenmesg.org, shaivam.org, Sanskritdocuments.org, os.me, youtube, etc and some other websites related to tantra (not revealing as I don’t want to misguide anyone unknowingly).
- Many other people whose works and articles have helped me.
Besides serials such as Sri Krishna, Mahabharat, Ramayana, Sai Baba (all old ones), Om Namah Shivaya, Kaal Bhairav Rahasya, esp. Devon ke Dev Mahadev etc have impacted me by arousing my curiosity about divinity.
All the Gurus are one with the universal consciousness, they are expression of same divine in different forms. Devotion to a particular physical form of guru can’t be developed, it arises on its own from depths of heart. Speaking the truth, such devotion, love and surrender arises only for Shiva. How it started, how it grew, you will know in this series.
This was just an introduction of this series. The actual story begins from next post. Btw, Happy Workers Day !
Precap to next post : Shiva entered in me, before I entered into this world.