My Lovely Os.Me Readers,
As always – Thank you for reading my posts. My humble Pranaams to each one of you. 🙏🏼🙏🏼
With my son’s school starting next week, I will resume my pickup and drop-off routines soon. Due to COVID, I got to spend more than a year of quality time with my early teen. When he returns to school, I’ll miss those Sanatana Dharma and Buddhism exchange-view conversations with him. Hopefully, we’ll find time for the same in the future as well.
Talking of missing people, I’ve been missing my osme family too. A little birdie, who is my son’s friend, reminded me that it’s time for an Open Forum. Hence, I thought it’s time to catch up with you all.
I’ve been reading the posts of those whom I follow. It feels lovely to read the posts of several excellent writers on this forum. I’m delighted that Swami created this platform that serves so many purposes.
So, here’s another Open Forum post. I’ll leave the comments open for a couple of days. Here you can comment to your heart’s fill!
Please feel free to write whatever you wish to tell me. Again, in case you’re wondering what to say to me, here are a few suggestions:
- Positivity: I love you, A hug for you, I miss you, and other such notes.
- Feedback: You can throw rotten tomatoes (virtual, of course). Or, maybe you wish to say – I can’t stand you; when are you leaving osme?
- Questions: Before you ask me anything, please note that I don’t consider myself an expert in anything. I’ll answer your questions to the best of my ability. If I don’t know something, please rest assured, I will gladly say – I don’t know! 😊
- Your Choice: If I give you suggestions on this one, that’s cheating! 😆😊
- Nothing to Say? You can read the below poem and give me your thoughts about the same. Seriously, I mean it.
The Paradoxical Commandments
Poem by Kent M. Keith
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
Poem Citation: Kent M. Keith
I eagerly look forward to chatting with you all. My warmth and adoration to each one of you.
Om Sri Matre Namaha.
Love & Light,
Sri Devi Om