I love to experiments with food. I have tried out Aloe Vera veg, Pumpkin seeds veg, no oil tinda with Italian flavors, gol-gappas filled with sprouts, fried gavar ki phalli, cucumber cake, banana spinach smoothie and raabri prepared from channa flour which are all off beat recipes. This time I decide to try out a new dessert recipe. Dessert is a course generally used to conclude the main meal. In dessert there can be many foods such as cakes, pudding, tarts, pastries, ice creams etc. Because of natural sweetness and distinct flavor fruits are generally added in the desserts. I give a twist in a dessert recipe and make an eggless cake which is sweet, sour, salty and hot as well. For sweetness I use sugar, for sourness I use orange juice, for saltiness of course salt and for spiciness I use green chilies. I add coconut powder for wonderful texture and nice taste whereas mint for its refreshing flavor and cool taste.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 minutes
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Malai (Cream) – 1 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
Orange juice – 1 ½ cup
Grated orange rind – 2-3 tea spoon
Grinded Sugar – 2 cup
Butter – ½ teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Green chilies – 2
Mint – 5- 6 leaves
Finely grated almonds – 2 table spoon
1. Sift all purpose flour with baking powder.
2. Mix dry coconut powder, grinded sugar, and salt in it.
3. Extract the juice from fresh oranges and sieve it. Throw the pips and use the fresh orange juice for preparing the dish. Mix orange juice and grated orange rind gently in the dry mixture.
4. Grind green chilies, mint leaves with curd. Mix malai and curd lightly in the mixture without lump formation.
5. Grease the sides and bottom of baking dish with butter.
6. Pour the mixture in baking dish and sprinkle finely grated almond over it.
7. Cook it in microwave for 8 minutes.
8. On cooling cut them into pieces. Serve them.
Taste – It is a light, moist cake with a tender crumb. It melts into the mouth giving the relishing taste of coconut and orange with a flavor of mint. It is sour and sweet, salty and hot.
Now, I can satiate my sweet tooth with other flavors.