I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself.
Not good enough, not pretty enough, not cool enough, whatever. Looking back at those years, life was miserable; a place I didn’t want to be in.
Fast forward to when the realization that these emotions were necessary hit me like a flash in plain blue sky. A rainbow of hope. Because these same hurdles are the reasons that brought me to God. In His/Her embrace was/is the only place I feel complete, at peace, surrounded by love and a large amount of kindness. I don’t need anything else. I don’t care about anything else.
During the many years of intense inner work and transformation, I will spare the details for now, I have come to find out these points that have helped me overcome my perceived limitations, the mind can be so tricky at times, once and for all. Amen.
So here they are,
- You are allowed to feel broken, squeezed, reduced to liquid. Like a ripe peach passed through the juicer.
- You are allowed to not know the name of that pain.
- You are allowed to sit with it and let it go through you like a quick sand storm.
- You are allowed to kneel on the ground and let your salty tears dry on the bare floor.
- You are allowed to feel what you feel without justifying it, explaining it to yourself and others.
- You are allowed to scream. Loud. Really loud.
Because when all this will pass- and it will. I repeat IT WILL PASS. You will remember that
- You are not that broken being your mind wants you to be imprisoned in.
- You are not that small little human your pain body keeps you trapped in.
- You are part of the divine.
- You are made of light.
- You are made of joy.
- Your true nature is love.
Some things I know for sure,
- You are free to see things the way you want to see them, without having to justify your opinion. To anyone.
- You are free to live the life you had imagined for yourself before doubts, fears, guilts, worries told you that you couldn’t.
- You are free to change your life at any moment without having to justify your choices.
- You are free to listen to your heart and follow what it says to you. No one has to understand its meaning, but you.
- You are free to move away from a situation that no longer serves your higher Self.
- You are free to say no.
- Don’t let your mind tell you otherwise
YOU ARE FREE and you always always have a choice.
As Mary Oliver so brilliantly asks,
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
Thanks for reading ❤️