“ Love Yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in the world.”
It’s been a decade since I saw “Jab We Met,” and the thing that still seems to be fresh from that movie is the line, “Mai Apni favourite hoon,” which still rings the bell when I go through the ups and downs of life. And when we see people struggling to make ends meet, there must be little time for them to look in the mirror and admire their appearance, dress, and hair.
We rarely talk about how we feel when we get together with our friends; we are too busy bragging about how difficult life is, how difficult our jobs are, how difficult it is to raise children, and how difficult it is to make ends meet.
But when was the last time you called up your friends and family and discussed with them what you actually feel? When was the last time you sat alone for some self-introspection and asked yourself
- How are you today?
- Is your health okay?
- Is your heart full of love?
- Is there still something you need to share with your family?
- Is it okay with them if you quit your job and spend your time on your patio?
- When was the last time you treated yourself?
- When was the last time you gifted something to yourself?
- When was the last time you went for that long drive all alone, with no worries in your head?
If the check list has a lot of “no,” you need to step back and think, “Are you OK? Is everything OK with you?” If not, then you need to focus on self-love and self-care, as no one is more important than you, and it will be you who will be there for you when no one else is.